Velocity Futures Question

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by T-Bone Trader, Sep 6, 2008.

1. 100% correct.

#41     Sep 11, 2008
  2. I just noticed on my esignal that its lableling the bid/ask exchange as "gain" as opposed to CME. Never seen that before, maybe something is up.

Probably a conspriracy to stop people from selling this rally :)

#42     Sep 11, 2008
  3. Badoit

Badoit

are you guys in any positions while its down?

#43     Sep 11, 2008
  4. Fortunately no. But just look at the volume, its beyond dead. This tells me its it must be something with the CME. Can't remember seeing a price bar with less than 2000 lots on the 5 min frame intraday.

#44     Sep 11, 2008
  5. Eurex is still OK, Sign up for the FDAX (Velocity Euro 3:50 RT).

#45     Sep 11, 2008
  6. Badoit

Badoit

I'm long some GE outrights...

#46     Sep 11, 2008
  7. I think I was wrong about CME volume, apparently when one thing goes wrong, they all do. My charting software was acting all screwey. Now I'm starting to wonder whether something happened to my system as well.

#47     Sep 11, 2008
  8. Badoit

Badoit

It; s up again, but they screwed up by goddam stop.

#48     Sep 11, 2008
  9. Yeah mine just came back too, sorry to hear about the stop!

#49     Sep 11, 2008
  10. Thank you everyone for your feedback and comments. Nice to have gotten some really insightful and thoughtful replies!

It looks like, after having been demo'ing a futures sim platform for a few days, that making a $1K a session (12 hours) using only 2 contracts is definitely not a far-fetched reality................

Is this the norm with ES?

I'm using my e-Signal charting strategy that I used for equities and am trying to apply that same strategy to the ES........

I have realized that unlike stocks, you have to have a more scalper-type mentality because this sucker MOOOOOVES!!!

I'm used to trading volatile stocks but this ES creature is definitely a different beast....

Any thoughts? Disagreements?

#50     Sep 12, 2008