Velocity Futures Question

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by T-Bone Trader, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Sure they did something wrong. Just because an action isn't a violation doesn't make it right. If Sentinel's holdings had been worthless then Velocity would've been out of biz. Ever hear of diversification? And why was the money at Sentinel to begin with? So that Velocity could use customer money to catch a high yield, kick a little back to account holders and skim the rest for themselves. Totally akin to what a bank does with deposits. Except you're insured at the bank.

#31     Sep 10, 2008
  2. You will not have access to Autotrader functionality without a Pro license. You may be able to RTD data into excel if thats your objective with a standard license.

TT requires a registry change for Pro features (Autotrader, Autospreader, XTAPI etc.) Once you enable these registry changes your installation will appear as a Pro license in Velocity's TT Console and they will ask you to subscriber or disable pro.

#32     Sep 10, 2008
  3. Thanks much. Looking at the data in Excel is kinda worthless if I can't send orders from it.

#33     Sep 10, 2008

4. Interesting information................I'm getting a bit worried about the safety of my money with Velocity now after reading some of the posts......

I was really looking at Velocity for their super-low intraday trading margin of $500 for the ES - not that I would trade more than 5 contracts as a beginner but it is very tempting to join them as a trader if you eventually develop a good technical analysis system for the ES.....

Maybe I should just deposit my $5K with TradeStation and limit myself to 2 intraday ES contracts?

Any thoughts? Many thanks for the all the useful insights!

#34     Sep 10, 2008
  5. shyhh

shyhh

Thank you guys for this information.

Do FCM declare where they invest their customers funds, like to the NFA ?

#35     Sep 10, 2008
  6. Nothing personal T-Bone, but by the tone of your post you should not be concerned with the number of contracts that you would be allowed to trade. In fact, I would suggest you don't use intraday margin at all, which means $4500 (at least) per ES contract. That said, I remind you, regardless of brokerage, offering of intraday margin does not mean you are obliged to use it. $4500 per contract T-Bone, trust me.

As for safety of your funds. Whatever makes you comfortable. Nothing has been presented about Velocity that suggests it is any less or more safe than any of it's peers, size-wise. JMHO.

Good, consistent, trading to you
    Osorico

#36     Sep 10, 2008
  7. Is anyone trading CME products through Velocity having issues logging in to their account? I called the desk and they said they were having issues with CME. Haven't seen any threads as of yet and just wondering if anyone else is having issues or is up and running.

#37     Sep 11, 2008
  8. Guess I am the only one then :(

#38     Sep 11, 2008
  9. Badoit

Badoit

me too :mad:

#39     Sep 11, 2008
  10. Me too :(

To many, to fast. I think they expanded to rapidly from the special. :D

I also notice that about once a week x-trader quotes lag for about a 10 minute period. When this happened NihabaAshi in Canada using Velocity experienced the same thing. :mad:

#40     Sep 11, 2008