Velocity Futures Question

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by T-Bone Trader, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Jachyra

Jachyra

Yes they do. I believe they also provide the OCO Trader and PS Trader Plugins.

#21     Sep 9, 2008
  2. Yes. (Just note the comments about it being down yesterday and this morning though. Technology is great until it stops working.)

#22     Sep 9, 2008
  3. #23     Sep 9, 2008
  4. Jachyra

Jachyra

Perhaps its because you have your own FMDS server.

For me, charts finally came back online within the last hour, but are only backfilling from 8:05am PST / 10:05am CST this morning.

#24     Sep 9, 2008
  5. Exactly. And yet, it looks like everyone ignored your post. LOL.

OldTrader

#25     Sep 9, 2008
  6. shyhh

shyhh

Pabst,

Can you tell me more about the Sentinel debacle?

#26     Sep 10, 2008
  7. Does anyone know this regarding the free XTrader (Standard edition):
    Does it support the XTrader API or must the TT-Pro release license be purchased for that option ?

#27     Sep 10, 2008
  8. Velocity dodged a big bullet. But hey it's only money. Your money.

"Because Velocity has limited assets, any transaction that Sentinel enters into in order to generate funds to pay Farr will have a direct impact on Velocity," the company said in its motion. "The disposition of Farr's claim may, as a practical matter, impair or impede Velocity's ability to protect its interests."

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...x?guid={86FD98C0-CBA1-48C4-B1A0-E144E76BAC0E}

#28     Sep 10, 2008
  9. Jachyra

Jachyra

You need an X_TRADER Pro subscription.

#29     Sep 10, 2008
  10. Jachyra

Jachyra

In all fairness, I think its worth noting that technically, Velocity didn't do anything wrong. According to NFA regulations, they are allowed to keep customer segregated funds on deposit with other FCM's, which Sentinel was, and I don't believe they were sanctioned in any way for the events that transpired (note how its referred to as the Sentinel debacle and not the Velocity debacle). Also, they went to court immediately and recovered 100% of customer funds. Other than being inconvenienced for about a week, where wire transfers were temporarily put on hold and customers were unable to withdraw their funds, I don't think any customers were affected and nobody lost any of their money.

If you do an ET search you'll find several threads regarding this issue as it unfolded in realtime.

#30     Sep 10, 2008