Velocity Futures down?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Bernard111, Jan 20, 2010.

1. This is simply what I wrote at post #1 and that's the issue if you have working orders only and network crash occurs or other needs to contact the trade desk.

#51     Jan 21, 2010
  2. What's the latest on this MD Trader freezing? It's not that bad, but I can def. notice it. I thought I logged into the Demo for a second.

But Velocity is overall a great firm and I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to trade futures.

#52     Jan 21, 2010
  3. I cannot help it if you need specs...

#53     Jan 21, 2010
  4. bigb

bigb

All I've gotta say other than the MD freezing comments which were said to be because of some server upgrade issues, the only people bitching about Velocity here are two guys who don't even use them. And the one's who said they were experiencing issues with the MD are the ones who are supporting Velocity as a company afterward.....says alot in my eyes. It appears these customers are happy with Velocity as a whole from firsthand experience. I too am a Velocity customer and have been using them for about 4 years everyday. I too have had issues recently but they were because I was using an old version of Xtrader with Vista. Am I going to blame my broker because of my inability to keep my software upgraded, no, of course not. The Velocity staff, especially Dale Box, has never been anything but the upmost courteous to me and I have never had problems contacting them immediately at anytime day or night by phone or email. Try getting some customer support from IB. I still haven't received a response back from a question I sent them regarding a trade 5 years ago.

It is just annoying to read people complaining about literally nothing when they know nothing about the company.

Bret H.

#54     Jan 22, 2010
  5. same here, been using them for a while now.

If anything, maybe VF could have sent customers a notification of server upgrades.

Happy with the platform/service.

#55     Jan 22, 2010
  6. Too bad you didn't offer that a few years ago when I couldn't through to your crap service desk when I was stuck in a trade.
    Then again, I wouldn't want to trade with you even if it was free.

#56     Jan 22, 2010
  7. My sentiments exactly.

#57     Jan 22, 2010
  8. Just because an FCM or BD appears on that list, it does not mean they are not a bucketshop. That is a list of best capitalized firms. Nothing else. And don't forget BS once was on that list as well.

#58     Jan 22, 2010
  9. Quick question for Bret H & Brendan R

Why don't you use outfits that cater to volume/full time/professional traders like Advantage or Macquarie Futures?

Interested to hear your responses.

#59     Jan 22, 2010
  10. MD Trader appears to be back to its robust self. Can Dale or anyone at Velocity comment on what was fixed so that, if this ever happens in the future, we can refer back to this thread?

#60     Jan 22, 2010