Velocity Futures down?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Bernard111, Jan 20, 2010.

1. True but when several people are experiencing the same issue with MD freezing, its more likely not PC specs in this case.

Velocity is a great firm, very happy with them overall. Just this current MD Trader issue isn't fully taken care of just yet.

#41     Jan 21, 2010
  2. I think Dale has been extremely unprofessional,If I were his boss I wouldn't be happy about a cocky attitude towards clients/potential clients.

MD slowdowns certainly happen at the front end but if a few in different regions are experiencing the same thing then Velocity need to get IT involved quickly but instead tried the immediate blame game, it's not a good sign from a broker,I felt he did that.

Technology is definitely a risk but having enough people around to handle situations,pulling orders,covering trades,IT support is vital.

Just my opinion

#42     Jan 21, 2010
  3. Exactly, me too. Sometimes it seems as the messaging is "cached" and then sent with the subsequent updates so even with no high tech measure but simple eyes even on brief fast mkt, it lags vs. a basic Zenfire. It's quite evident with "V" moves on MDTrader.

#43     Jan 21, 2010
  4. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

true - but thats a tt issue. a 3rd party. either way, just take solace that youre not using pats. ive gone back to tt after losing a bunch of money using pats. md slowness seems like paradise after the experience i had with pats, so id count your blessings!

#44     Jan 21, 2010
  5. My only issue was a number of Dale's responses. He is the opposite of a consummate professional. I cannot believe that VF owners tolerate this kind of public foolishness by one of their people

I hope for their sakes, he is not one of the owners...

#45     Jan 21, 2010
  6. I agree about Velocity overall.

Let's wait for the fix before further commenting about MD Trader freezes.

#46     Jan 21, 2010
  7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

dude!

please arrange these words in correct order:

calling pot black kettle.

i have never read a 'professional' post from your fingers. all you do is moan. thats fair enough. most of my posts i admit are for fun and not serious. but with all your moaning and baiting, i imagine most brokers wouldnt want you as a customer anyway. youre probably still on a sim after 10 years.....

#47     Jan 21, 2010
  8. You are the opposite of a person I'd ever want to meet or have a conversation with so there :D

#48     Jan 21, 2010
  9. Blotto

Blotto

They will answer the dealing line during European hours if you have a position open.

#49     Jan 21, 2010
  10. Blotto

Blotto

The issue is that many people masquerading as professionals do not behave as such. You demonstrate this quite clearly by making personal attacks against the man and maligning his "attitude". That is not professional.

I have traded with Velocity daily for the last 13 months. Several times I have required their assistance during the European trading session. It has never been a problem to get through to the trading desk.

I have found myself in positions I did not know about due to unreported fills. Some of you may remember the Eurex / TT issue with unreported fills towards the end of last year. Dale looked after these positions when the fills were reported and contacted me to advise I had positions. This was during the European session.

Unfortunately there seems to be a tendancy amongst traders to look to blame others for our own shortcomings. I am sure we have all been guilty of this at one time or another. The solution is to modify your own behaviour and be professional, as the market demands of all of us. There is nothing to gain from slandering brokers (without any evidence of a trader being unable to reach the desk I might add). It betrays a deep lack of character.

If you have an issue with VF I am sure they will be happy to work with you to solve it.

#50     Jan 21, 2010