Velocity Futures down?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Bernard111, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Dale Box

Dale Box Velocity Futures

Exactly. Thank You.

#31     Jan 21, 2010
  2. Dale Box

If YOU can find me a single trader that couldn't reach my desk with an open order or position, you can trade here commission FREE for LIFE.

You're absolutey right. Internet connection and PC have nothing whatsoever to do with performance when trading over the internet. Most of my top traders use 600E ThinkPads over a dialup connection.

#32     Jan 21, 2010
  3. these are VERY strange comments. Are you a futures broker or a senior citizen's internet cafe?

Account holders should get the same support and backup as normal futures/stock brokers offer. There shouldn't be any "deals."

As to getting defensive, you sound like a little boy after someone insulted one of his parents.

All of these comments paint your firm in a negative light - as an unprofessional, clueless company. Do the Principals/Owners of VF know what kind of amateur statements you are making on ET? If I were one, you would have quickly been demoted to janitor.

Very strange responses...

#33     Jan 21, 2010
  4. I believe Velocity to be the best futures broker for the majority of people on this site, though I clear with Fortis, I believe redundancy needs to be in place to prevent this in the future also. I find it hard, giving my prior trading at Velocity, prior to moving over to Fortis, that anyone had any problems whatsoever getting out of a position.

#34     Jan 21, 2010
  5. In a word, wow.

Dale, just to let you know, your attitude towards your customers in this thread is an exemplar for how not to handle a situation in which a company drops the ball and the issue hits the internet.

Testosterone-fueled macho man aggressiveness and sarcasm may work well in the prop room and in the board meetings, but it's no way to deal with customers who have a legitimate beef.

If I were a potential customer reading through this thread, Velocity would get crossed off my list based on your attitude here. Try looking up the word 'conciliatory' in the dictionary.

As an aside... am I to understand that when Velocity goes down, customers can't contact the help desk by phone if they don't have an open position? That's bizarre.

#35     Jan 21, 2010
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

dale - thanks for the answer & welcome back to my short list!

#36     Jan 21, 2010
  7. Dale Box

I'm sorry you do not understand my point here. Of course customers can contact the desk. That's why I've made these posts.

#37     Jan 21, 2010
  8. Dale Box

The sales deal was offered IF someone couldn't get through... That didn't happen because not a single trader was unable to reach the desk.

#38     Jan 21, 2010
  9. Dale,

I think you have a really lousy attitude,you work for a crap firm with crap support,even today there are complaints about bad MD trader performance,considering how busy it's been, frankly that's a joke.If you got some balls,put down your own money and have a go yourself,then perhaps you would understand where these guys are coming from.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.Instead of the facetious remarks perhaps you should think about doing your job properly

Lastly offering people improved deals when you screw up is bullshit,everyone should be able to get through 24 hrs a day.

#39     Jan 21, 2010
  10. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

dale has addressed my concerns, and i'll give them a call when im thinking of changing.

in fairness however, md slowdowns some users may suffer from could be down to pc spec or other issues. even so, it would be a bit foolish to expect everything to work all the time. software by its nature has some bugs etc so youve got to be realistic.

you cant blame the broker for everything. there is risk in trading, and part of that risk is technology risk.

read some of the posts here on et. it is clear some 'traders' dont know shit about trading. who would you spend your time with? some ass hole who trades 4 lots a week and demands every thing is perfect, or the 400 lot a day trader who understands shit goes wrong from time to time from his experience?

#40     Jan 21, 2010