Velocity, Eurex, Xtrader connectivity issues

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Badoit, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Just wondering if anyone else can confirm or deny the OP's claims about Velocity's Eurex data feed. I've been thinking very seriously about opening an account with them just to trade Eurex because of their commissions, but would like to know if I'd have to figure leasing an external data feed into the cost/benefit equation.

#11     Feb 16, 2012
  2. Badoit

Badoit

I can confirm that I saw today similar behaviour that I saw yesterday and previously... that is the velocity TT feed considerably slower than the feed I have from kinetick - 10 or so seconds is not uncommon, and the two quotes can sometimes be as many as 5 ticks away from each other.

I also would like to know whether anyone else is seeing similar things. I've had anecdotal evidence of something similar but I don't know the details so can't really determine whether it's the same issue or not.

Oh - I was a bit annoyed yesterday, which is why I went on a bit of a rant. Despite what I said, it is still possible that for some reason I am the only one having problems, maybe some obscure hardware issue or something.

#12     Feb 16, 2012
  3. Dale Box

Dale Box Velocity Futures

Hi Badoit,
    The only way to solve/identify your problem is to open a ticket with TT. I will be more than happy to assist you if you’d call the desk and ask for me. In the event that you do not wish to call I have a few recommendations for you… If you’re comparing the TT feed to another feed on the same machine, that could very well be the problem. TT recommends running X_TRADER on a machine with nothing else, especially not another trading platform. If your OS is windows 7, please make sure you’ve performed TT’s windows 7 settings.
    LIFFE was dropped from TT because I had no one trading it. We maintain our TT environment so it was no longer cost effective to offer LIFFE via TT if not being used.
    Please let me know if I can further assist you.

Best regards,

#13     Feb 16, 2012
  4. Badoit,
    Which is your experience on X_Trader / Eurex during the latest week?

I was logged into Eurex and did not have latencies.

#14     Feb 25, 2012
  5. Badoit

Badoit

I have had a few PM's regarding this, and in any case it is right and proper that I update the thread.

Since the last post, I have tried to connect to eurex with ninjatrader, and the performance has improved.

(ninja connects through the TT gateway)

#15     Mar 2, 2012
  6. We have to say the Ninja connects through the TT Fix protocol customized for that front end while the X-Trader by the way of the Guardian Gateways.
    Thanks for the updates.

#16     Mar 3, 2012
  7. ReaM

ReaM

Yes,

I have the same problem, it's more than couple of seconds. When price is a little more volatile, it sometimes is 15 seconds. But it often lags behind more than 5 seconds. One can still get filled and take profits just like as if everything was ok. but it is very confusing to look the price in a different dom or window and trying to match it in the TT dom.

Any solutions?

#17     May 3, 2012