Velez Capital

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TOMMYJR9, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Corelio

Corelio

You gotta to be kidding right?!
    :p

#21     Nov 8, 2008
  2. no iam not, please rember i am new to this..

#22     Nov 8, 2008
  3. Corelio

Corelio

Well, I hate to give you bad news...if you want to play this game then you have to pay your dues one way or another and that usually comes in the form of money.

Number one lesson in this game is the following (and take that to the grave with you):

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE....THEN IT IS PROBABLY TRUE

#23     Nov 8, 2008
  4. everyone here is giving you an advice to stay away from them(few even sent you a PM, including myself), yet you seem to hanging on to velez. again, the deal they gave you sucks period. either take the offer, or go find yourself a better deal, which can't be too difficult. you are starting to sound like PR person for velez.

#24     Nov 8, 2008
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

He could be Velez in disguised.

#25     Nov 8, 2008
  6. any help i will take from you. 1 question is in my post i talk about velez capital and i am not getting mutch good feedback about velez. but when i question the replys i am not geting any solid answers about him or the firm. PLEASE UNDERSTAND I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH VELEZ CAPITAL all i want is to go in the correct direction . with what i have to work with.( schooling,firms capital, forced process,etc,etc)
    YES YOU ARE CORRECT............. but not one responce says try thes firm , call this place, try this direction, etc,etc.. now am i correct as i have stated i need direction and some of the other posts are just spinning me around would you agree? with respect , tommy

#26     Nov 8, 2008
  7. aren't you glad that you're getting inundated with negative feedbacks? If I were you, I'd feel much more secure now that you learned the dark side of velez. but you'll probably fit right in at velez and become a successful trader anyway. happy now?

#27     Nov 8, 2008
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

Tommy, I have not traded for a long time, but I've paid heavy dues because I did everything I'm about to tell you AFTER learning the hard way.

Definitely read Velez's book Tools & Tactics for the Master Day Trader and also read The Market Maker's Edge by Josh Lukeman. (Memorize his first chapters about risk management.) Participate in Velez's FREE webinars, they are very informative.

Then study charts day in and day out all day long in real time and "paper trade" a variety of tactics. Pay attention especially to overbought and oversold conditions (stochastics) in the time frame you intend to trade, because these set up higher probability entries.

Once you are a very successful paper trader, trade very small positions with real money. You won't get much slippage with small positions, and you'll find it easy to be wrong and cut your losses. Once you are successful with small size increase your size on the highest probability setups.

Always keep your risk/reward in your favor. That way you can have more losing trades than winning trades and still make money. For example, if you put on a long trade from an extremely oversold position and expect at least a 50% retracement in your favor, accept nothing worse than 25% against you for the maximum loss. Take your loss without hesitation and re-evaluate for a better entry or move on.

#28     Nov 9, 2008
  9. thanks

#29     Nov 9, 2008
  10. thanks again , can you please share with me the ins and outs of vcm. any input would be great. thanks tommy

#30     Nov 9, 2008