Variance Futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by riskaddict, Mar 13, 2010.

1. I was wondering if anyone uses this company? I've searched on here but nothing since 08' no NFA complaints. I guess these are all good factors. Commissions seems sweet for a 50k account and get even better for 250K accounts. Are they the data provider or do I have to pay extra for that? Thanks in advance for any info!

2. skiff

skiff

regarding the datafeed - this is really depending on the platform that you are using. the data can come from various vendors such as CQG, TT, Pats, CTS, etc. in most cases - the datafeed is already included in the software monthly cost or transaction fee http://www.variancefutures.com/commissions/platform_fees.php.

looks like they don't provide proprietary datafeed and you can choose to work with one of the 3rd party feeds (in most cases of IBs/FCMs turning into developers of feed/platform - the datafeed and the technology is crappy) and you are not restricted to use a in-house platform.

as for the company reputation - i never worked with them, but know a couple of colleagues who are trading with them. clean NFA sheet is a good sign

3. thanks, omg I don't know how I missed that on their site I only saw the platform fees

4. I'm also looking into this firm. They are a guaranteed IB for RCG. Their commissions are sweet!

Any customers of Variance or RCG should please share their experiences.

Thank you.

5. Catoosa

Catoosa

They do have a good rate on the commissions for $50,000 account; However, they have no decent free platform and no bargains on the platforms they offer. I wonder if an individual gets the institutional rate at the $250,000 ? That level starts to look very good.

6. Glad to hear from any prop traders, CTAs, CPOS, private & experienced traders who trade through Variance as to their experiences.

7. orl

orl

I did a search for Variance Futures and all I really found was this thread.

Does anybody have any experience with Variance?

Thanks...

8. Surdo

Surdo

Ninja Trader is a free platform!

Come on guys this is just another IB for RCG, solid as a rock.

Rates look competitive, why would you need a $250K account?

9. anyone know anything of this broker?

are they IB for RCG or Vision?