Variable Period EOD Stock Scanning

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by SHORTY, Jan 21, 2003.

1. SHORTY

SHORTY

Most, if not all, EOD technical scans are based on a daily OHLC chart. Does anyone know of technical scanning software that allows EOD scanning based on 60 min, 30 min, 5 min etc. candles? I currently use stockcharts for daily EOD scans. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck and Big Profits! :)

2. ERLanger (http://www.erlangerquote.com/). It can be slow if you're trying to filter using a lot of complex criteria on a lot of stocks but it does the job well enough. The formula language isn't a fullblown scripting language though. It uses the quote.com feed so between that, the monthly cost of the software and the additional exchange fees, you'll be paying around $200.00/month.

-eLindy

3. shorty - what kind of scanning criteria do you want to do against the intraday data?

4. SHORTY

SHORTY

AA,

Without going into unnecessary detail, I'm looking to be able to screen based on TA such as MAs and Bollinger bands. Specifically, I'm looking for technical criteria that cross-verify across multiple time periods.

For example: Look for stocks that start below the 2nd std dev Lower BB on the 60 min chart and run up to the 20 period MA while simultaneously running the Upper BB and closing below +1 std deviation on the 5 minute chart. This is for descriptive purposes only and not meant to suggest an actual screen, but you get the idea.

Sounds like a tall order, but it's just a matter of having the proper interval data and technical indicators.