Vanzandt vs. Destriero Trading Competition

Discussion in 'Journals' started by destriero, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. destriero

destriero

I am working on a wager with the great Vanzandt in which the winner's favorite charity will receive a predetermined sum which the loser will donate upon cessation of the contest.

We've been working on the broad outline which I hope to continue here in this thread. Below is where it all began. Buckle up, mofos!

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/kennedy-leaving-scotus.322469/page-28

Please encourage Vanzandt to put me in my place.

userque, TRS, Cuddles and 3 others like this.
  2. destriero

destriero

The broad strokes as I see it:

- Vanzandt (herein "VZ") trades any product he chooses that is exchange-listed.
    - VZ posts a long or short; a stop-loss figure; size. A follow-up trade must include the eventual cover.
    - All running trades must not exceed $100,000 in overnight req. So 50% margin allocated to all equity trades.
    - Paper trades are fine. As long as the posted "fill" appears marketable to the time-stamp of the trade-posting.

- Destriero trades listed equity vol.
    - Destriero posts a long or short; a stop-loss figure; size. A follow-up trade must include the eventual cover.
    - All running trades must not exceed $100,000 in overnight req. Destriero must allocate the debit req on option trades. No variation margin allowed.
    - No naked short options.
    - Paper trades are fine. As long as the posted "fill" appears marketable to the time-stamp of the trade-posting.

- CAVEAT: Destriero's option spread/combo fills must tack on 1% edge loss (from mid) on buys; 1% edge loss (from mid) on shorts. 1% edge loss (from mid) on the cover.

- VZ's trading must align with the rules for options should he choose to trade options as well as shares.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  3. destriero

destriero

I don’t think that Baron will have a problem with the Competition in light of the fact that any proceeds will be going to charity and said payment will be vetted here upon completion of the Competition. Perhaps we can get Baron to make a small donation as well as this thread will likely draw a lot of eyeballs.

Baron likes this.
  4. They

They

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

6. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

[​IMG]

7. destriero

destriero

60 calendar days starting Monday July 2?

Drawdown: if either parties account reaches $80,000 they will have lost the contest. Closing basis; calculated at the close of each day.

Asset criteria: Participant cannot trade any listed shares less than $5 per share. Trading will be considered commission free. No more than 5 round-trips per day,

VZ can chime in here on the stakes, but I am fine with a $500 figure. VZ wins $500 for charity if he wins: destriero wins $250 for charity on a win. I am open to any amount up to $10K.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  8. destriero

destriero

I tried to send a PM to VZ, but he’s not accepting PMs. I don’t know how VZ was receiving these fantastic touts from Max E, but it must have been Carrier Pigeon. You know, the extinct kind.

Undeterred. VZ, please chime in here so we can get the ball rolling this coming Monday.

Thanks for your support.

B

9. Vertex

Vertex

Will there be any rage monster breakdowns? Threats of physical violence? Spouses receiving calls at their place of work?

Nobody gives a shit about trading competitions, we want real entertainment!

volente_00 and wrbtrader like this.
  10. destriero

destriero

I can’t guarantee it, but...

#10     Jun 29, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.