Vantage Point Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Samson77, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Doesn't anyone like this software? I own all of the modules and like it quite well. I've made money with it, lost money with it. Bottom line, it does not predict the future, nothing does in the financial world. I would say this, using the software as recommended in the book or by the reps is a waste of time and effort -some markets work better than others as well. Last night for example, was the ideal long setup in Coffee and it went up today. The night of the 28th showed the perfect short opportunity (how I read the charts) and look at it go since then! Bottom line is that we are all working with probablilities, VP does a good job of incresing those probabilities but is far from flawless. 80% Accuracy is a stretch in my book but I believe my money was not wasted (I got all of the modules for a pretty good deal).

Just my input.

CT

#31     Nov 4, 2004
  2. That short example I listed on the 28th was for Feeder Cattle -forgot to specify.

CT

#32     Nov 5, 2004
  3. PCanyon

PCanyon

Lou Mendelsohn has been a trading system vendor of high priced systems for over 20 years. He used to get ripped apart back in the old Club 3000 days in the 80's. Looks like he's still at it. Never heard anything good about the guy.

#33     Jan 16, 2005
  4. There are days that VP's phigh and plow seems to be closed the actual numbers bt so does the pivot systems. In July, I bought VP on a firesale for $1500 but I am returning it now. The company agreed to refund me. What I will advised those who keep using the system is to used the phigh and plow to their nearest pivot levels and then to play the trades using pivot levels. I lost $1000 on the forex, putting tooo much faith in VP's 80% accuracy.

#34     Aug 28, 2005
  5. Samson,

Your time and feedback are appreciated. Thanks.

Michael B.

#35     Aug 28, 2005

6. Its basically a moving average crossover system. 10 sma and 2 ema seems really close.

Its supposed to weigh in other markets, but I set it up without entering any of the other markets, printed out charts, then went in and set up the markets and guess what, printed out the exact same chart. In my opinion the intermarket aspect is total bullshit.

I could not get my money back. They just stopped returning my phone calls.

My brother got it after I told him it was a scam. They said they would give a total refund. He tried it, then tried to get a refund and was told he needed to talk to this other guy that uses it first, if he then wanted a refund they would give him one. He called the other guy, was chaged $295 for this guy to "train" him on using the system. When that still did not produce good results he tried again to get his money back. That was a couple of months ago, he still has not received a refund.

Its a scam. Stay away.

As far as I can tell, they are always having a sale. They are always trying to meet some monthly quota and will give you a great price, etc.

I spoke with Lane Mendelsohn and he said he traded it on financials. So if you were told they cant trade with it thats probably a lie. Your salesman probably does not trade with it because it sucks.

I spent a lot of time trying to make it work. I even had them trying to explain to me how to make it work. If you talk to three people out there you will get three different ways. Its about as good as flipping a coin.

#36     Aug 28, 2005
  7. Is is just me or is it necessary to learn how to trade and learn how to change with the market?

Doesn't every system whether it is for lease or for sale, eventually stop working? If so then one must FIRST know how to trade, then secondly, know how to CHANGE.

How can canned software teach this?

How can hungry followers of signal services avoid giving all their profits back?

I think the Holy Grail is to first learn how and when to trade something that is comfortable for YOU.

Michael B.

#37     Aug 28, 2005

8. That sounds right to me. I learned the hard way that canned software is bullshit, even if it is marketed as "80% accurate".

#38     Aug 28, 2005
  9. #39     Aug 28, 2005
  10. Softouch

Softouch