Vantage Point Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Samson77, Dec 21, 2003.

1. jaw1958

jaw1958

I too must admit I feel totally duped by the slick marketing, high priced , worthless (in my opinion) software that is promoted by a man who HAD a very good reputation.

I tried all the indicators in all combinations using a spreadsheet and about 3 years of market data. The indicators showed no more 'predictability' than the toss of a coin. So here I sit with all the modules collecting dust and out of around five thousand dollars. I hope he is really enjoying my hard earned cash. The only comfort I have is that God knows all about it.

#21     Jan 26, 2004
  2. gemini_315

gemini_315 Guest

MartinD,

I know it's been a while since your post, but I would be interrested in knowing your approach now that you do not use VantagePoint.

#22     Apr 8, 2004
  3. MartinD

MartinD

sorry for the slow reply, I've not been frequenting this forum as often as I should.

I've been using nexgen's indicators for "with the trend" trades, and "against the trend" trades using an indicator that does an analysis of market profile volume at price for the duration of a trend to identify high probability breakouts against the original trend, and using the value area to identify where price will probably go when it does break out.

Chart example attached... i got this indicator from http://www.1st-tradingtools.com

I have also been experimenting with system trading just recently - while I dont think a system can beat a discretionary approach, from an analysis viewpoint a system can look at more things faster than a human can, so they do have value in my humble opinion

#23     Apr 27, 2004
  4. c_verm

c_verm

Would anyone let me try the software or buy it from them?
    If not could some one send me a 2 yr VP chart of the NASD100 so I can test out my strategy Please.

#24     Apr 29, 2004
  5. max44

max44

I have tried VP for a year now... Yes the sales person was pushy and being in the UK wanted me to find other sales for him in the UK..... !! He says he doesn't use the software, or is not allowed to (i remember his saying that), but he get's "paid so much he doesn't have to"!!!!!!!

I, like others, find that there PMA was good, but their predicted H & L was in accurate and useless at times. You are better off using candlestick charting which is effective using metastock with a plugin.... which still doesn't come anywhere near VP price.

I Really want get my money back on this, but it's been a year and i haven't really made any greater amounts of money from it than to just use my own trading ways/rules.... i have just made more money from experience and getting better.... but not from the software!

Anybody know how i can get my money back from these people?

Or if anybody wants it.... i have all the modules in Finantials and Commodities.

Thanks

#25     Aug 27, 2004
  6. wbgle

wbgle

You must realize that you will never get a refund.
    I also have the software, and with the help of another user it worked a lot better that how I was instructed to use it by the sales rep. I have 20 modules but I don't use it.
    I will sell it if anybody wants it.

#26     Oct 17, 2004
  7. It was awhile ago that I started this post, so I think I will share my experiences since I did.

I bought it with a full verbal guarantee of 1 month.

After finding out that it was one of the most useless pieces of software I could have imagined, I ask for a refund.

We fought back and forth with emails for a few days and they finally agreed to refund me less a 20% restocking fee.

This was a joke and an insult but I took the money and forgot about it.

My advise is stay away from this company but if you absolutely must see for yourself, negotiate a 100% moneyback guarantee in writing.

#27     Oct 17, 2004
  8. wbgle

wbgle

I am glad to hear that you got something back. When I tried I got nowhere. I suppose I was not persistent enough. I would settle for 50% gladly. However, I am sure that I have had it for far too long to negotiate a refund now. Even though I only paper traded it for about 4 months. I kept trying to find a way to make it work. It was better with the guidance of the other user but still not what I was expecting it to be. Selling it would also be a bit of a challenge because of the install password.

#28     Oct 17, 2004
  9. max44

max44

I got my whole money back! Yes you got to be at them big. you got to compare with say Metastock: cost a fraction of the price but get a whole lot more. I think i touched upon a hot spot of theirs too... I would also get the FBI on the case (i got my full money back and i am from the UK)

#29     Oct 31, 2004
  10. traderob

traderob

Amazing you got the money back. see my pm

#30     Oct 31, 2004