Vanguard Portfolio

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Landonfisher, Jan 16, 2018.

1. I am 35 years old and looking to implement a Vanguard portfolio in my 401(K) plan and want some ideas for Vanguard Active and Index portoflios that have done well. Any ideas?

projomni likes this.
  2. DaveV

DaveV

Here is the list of all Vanguard mutual funds and their 1-, 5- and 10-year performance.

https://investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/list#/mutual-funds/name/month-end-returns

At your relatively young age, I would recommend the more aggressive funds (small Cap, Mid Cap, tech) since you will have time to recover in case of a big market drop. Stay away from bond funds which are better suited for people in retirement who can afford a big market drop.

projomni and tommcginnis like this.
  3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

"can't"

:D

We know, DaveV. We know. :p

:D

4. projomni

projomni

When would retire? 2045? 2040?
    If so try one of the balanced funds, e.g., the one from Vanguard Chester 2045 Target retirement.
    I agree with DaveV you should be shooting for a more aggressive fund.

5. Jack1960

Jack1960

Use Etfs. Lot better than the mutual funds.

tommcginnis and projomni like this.
  6. ironchef

ironchef

The one problem with target funds is they are fund of funds so have fees on top of fees. You can set up your own with an allocation table by age, adjust it every few years and get better performance without the added fees. Not rocket science.

matthewyoung and DaveV like this.
  7. clacy

clacy

For long term portfolios, you can't do better than Vanguard Admiral mutual funds

matthewyoung likes this.