VandeMeer predicts monetary collapse of US starting Sept 30th:"Dismantle Wall Street"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Do I see any evidence that this could happen? Yes! <br><br> Am I trolling? No.<br>
    Will I divulge my reasons for the belief that we could see the collapse soon? No.

-gastropod

#11     Sep 12, 2009
  2. ""Meanwhile, in a significant break in corporate media censorship, the CBS TV program 60 minutes reported that Alan Greenspan, in concert with Bill Clinton and George Bush Senior facilitated in the year 2000, during the middle of the night, the passage of a criminal, highly illegal unconstitutional Bill that created the mortgage and property bubble. The bill allowed unscrupulous individuals in the major Banks and Insurance Corporations such as I.A.G. to hedge bets at a cent to the dollar. This allowed them to create derivatives contracts whose supposed face value runs into the quintillions of dollars ""

Huh? What "BILL" was that? "Bills" must be passed by Congress. Now I certainly have no respect for 98% of those critters, but was this a "BILL" or an Executive Order?
    I'm not saying the "order" isnt' extant, but how about a little vetting of Van de Meer's claim?

#12     Sep 12, 2009
  3. As a trader you will never make money filling you mind with stuff like this.

TURN OFF THE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13     Sep 12, 2009
  4. LOL... that's true in a current times sense. But ultimately...

Our trading days are numbered. What we are witnessing is not just an economic correction - but a global lifestyle correction because we have peaked in many aspects of society.

I know there are people out there that will scoff at this. Technology will save the day, mankind always progresses, etc... In my view, these people do not study the real underlying issues.

Resource depletion, Environmental contamination, Credit Destruction. It's all converging and happening right now.

All modern societies need exponential growth to prosper. In the long run, that's impossible. In the millenia of modern man's civilized existence, the last two hundred years is the only period we have witnessed exponential population growth. If you are under 40 - you will witness the correction in your lifetime. Tapping computer keys to capture "wealth" will not last. It can't.

I have arrived at this conclusion from studying the works of countless respected scientists. It's unavoidable.

#14     Sep 12, 2009
  5. the1

the1

Truly a great book but I thought Web of Debt was better. Both will do an excellent job of presenting the Federal Reserve for what it is -- a leech on society.

#15     Sep 12, 2009
  6. aegis

aegis

100% correct.

You and BLSH seem to be the only ones here who "get it". It's a brave new world.

I'm not expecting a Mad Max style apocalypse anytime soon, but this will be a very slow and drawn out destruction of the middle class. The demand for labor that created the middle class simply isn't there anymore.

#16     Sep 12, 2009
  7. Lethn

Lethn

I think I'll start gathering bottlecaps and form a bank and make it as the new currency of the world, maybe I'll beat them to it?

We are screwed, plain and simple, or at least America definitely is. Unless they turn around NOW or SOON and just completely get rid of the Federal Reserve and properly regulate the banks and all the people pulling strings in the economy then it's pretty much going to go downhill.

Japan has the right idea in my opinion by limiting beuracratic power. Whether or not they'll actually see it through remains to be in question however.

#17     Sep 12, 2009
  8. Of course. Wall Street Collapses on Sept 30th and the bank calls everyone's loans only to find out they are all due to be paid to China. Yeah. OK. I would agree the facts are not straight, and another article about gloom and doom is proven defunct.

BLSH, don't you think there's evidence of a turnaround? You know all you need to do is look at what the market is doing. If it's going up, people expect things to get better. If it's going down, people expect things to get worse. The best economic indicator we have is the market. Use it. If you do, you'd see we're coming out of it the worst of it. I watched the Geithner town hall, and I thought it was very good, and a sign we're coming out of the thick of things. Be more optimistic. Being a permabear only works for so long.

#18     Sep 12, 2009
  9. djkla

djkla

In the first six months of 1930, the Dow rallied fifty percent. Economists, commentators and the President himself were trumpeting that the worst was over.
    Expectations were positive; optimsism was high.

#19     Sep 12, 2009
  10. Sodajerk

Sodajerk

Agreed. We the People must retake the initiative and put our house in order, or we'll go down with the ship. Things have never looked better in that regard however, since technology has put material prosperity and practical self-government within reach of everyone. The only way we can fail is by letting ourselves be paralyzed with fear by the constant negative hide-under-your-bed preconditioning we're being subject to before they hit us with the whammy we must be ready to withstand and meet with a creative response.

#20     Sep 12, 2009