Vancouver BC traders unite!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by mrtwo, Dec 29, 2005.

1. That works fine with me!

Hopefully you guys pick a place where it is not super loud.

Last time we got together it was milestones and it was very nice for talking and being able to hear everyone.

Just an idea but anywhere is cool with me.

:)

#31     Jan 4, 2006
  2. ccoti

ccoti

I'm mostly doing canadian stocks. Though I'm planning on diversifying.

Two big recent wins for me have been ABT and EZM. Woohoo!

I'm looking for a system to pick stocks for short term longs and shorts.

#32     Jan 6, 2006
  3. azmi

azmi

i am good for either fri or thur downtown location preferably - but otherwise any time after 1pm

#33     Jan 6, 2006
  4. schan

schan

I'm in Vancouver as well.

I pair trade equities mostly, straddles/strangles (when implied volatility is way out of whack) and swing trade futures occasionally.

I'm semi-automated with the pairs, but place trades manually, so I do other work during the day.

The last traders meeting we had was in Water Street Cafe in Gastown. We got a quiet private room, so that was really nice. Food was good too.

Stephen

#34     Jan 7, 2006
  5. What happen to this big get together and all the beer i was going to buy everyone? LOL

Are we still getting together?

#35     Jan 14, 2006
  6. ozzy

ozzy

God damn rain here is unbelievable. I'm moving to warmer dryer pastures.

#36     Jan 14, 2006
  7. I'm in Burnaby. Soon Japan.

FX with a small account :)

#37     Jan 26, 2006
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

Hey guys i'm planning on moving out to BC from ottawa this summer. I'm interested in going retail (currently trading remote through quest), i've heard of bright but can someone give me some info on other firms you've traded at?
    Thanks

#38     Jan 27, 2006
  9. Osiris

Osiris

I am in Vancouver, not sure if you all have already had a meeting...but it would be great to meet some other Vancouver traders :)

I am mostly a swing/position trader in US equities. But looking into some Futures (emini equity) and looked a bit at forex...but just a bit.

I am full time ... but wishing i had a bigger account...or a decent intra-day strategy to smooth out my volatility:D

cheers

#39     Jan 28, 2006
  10. fireflyx

fireflyx

You all seem like a pretty cheerful group... must be something about living in VC!

I am, unfortunately NOT living in Vancouver, but I felt qualified to post because I have a sister and brother-in-law there - Port Moody - and, who knows, it IS a beautiful place, perhaps at some future date I will consider a move.

Currently living in Ohio, U.S. and mainly trading my fixed odds account. I've also traded options before and look forward to getting back to that. Trading PT but shooting for full.

Hoping to make enough to visit VC this summer! Good fortune to all!

Rgds,
    fx

#40     Jan 28, 2006