Van Tharp's Peak Performance/Fin. Freedom Through Day Trading

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by newgradtrader, Sep 1, 2001.

1. mjt, follow Sterling's sterling advice. My GAWD MAN!...SIX HUNDRED BUCKS!! You DO need your HEAD examined! :D

#51     Sep 6, 2001
  2. dozu888

dozu888

whats da big deal ??

pull 3 easy points outa NVDA on a couple hundred shares, there is your 600 bloody american dough !! :D :D :D :D :D

#52     Sep 6, 2001
  3. Cesko, Anthony Robbins is a very popular performance coach who used NLP on clients for quite a while. You can get a copy of one of his books in a used book store for a couple of bucks.

Regarding the ability to change in 5 minutes or so: If one has a strong enough experience one can change very quickly. A good hypnotist can pull it off. Read up on Milton Ericson... fascinating. Admittedly this stuff isn't for everyone. Good luck

~EC

#53     Sep 6, 2001
  4. Cesco
    Tony Robbins and others are the foremost experts on a
    "derivation" of NLP. NLP as it came out originally is on the
    same level of EST and others "new age" stuff.
    Robbins took tools and concepts from NLP and used them for
    the "Unlimited Power" and other techniques.
    Easy seach on the net will tell you all in a few hours.
    Robbins has worked for lot's of fortune 500's and trading
    firms as coach. Fee $10,000 a day or so...

#54     Sep 6, 2001
  5. I' m not very big on Anthony Robbins. I have yet to find someone who he has made a dramatic difference in. He might have some value though.

On using a hypnotist Can't say anything on on what they can do as I have had no experience with any.

rtharp

#55     Sep 6, 2001
  6. Tony's version of NLP induces a kind of self-hypnosis as it's
    referred as state managment - state of mind. He uses
    modeling and state management to archieve succesful
    state for trading or work etc. SPORTS...
    Ancoring and other suggestive techniques call for external
    control - negotiate, manipulate, control on one on one or
    even groups. His seminar he can control a group as big as
    hundreds. To archieve this he induces a set of "actions"
    or rituals he want the group to do, by following him in small
    (and silly acts) he gains fair control over a group. We were,
    and there were some feable ,older small women amongs us,
    breaking boards karate style. He has the fire walk as standard
    Tony act. We missed that one since he was not doing the show.
    Robert, why don't you like him ? I believe in NLP beause I
    saw what he can do, or should we say we all could do under
    the influence.

#56     Sep 6, 2001
  7. All fire walk acts is more of a physics heat transfer issue than any self-hypnosis. Back at UCLA a physics professor set up a bed of coals in the quad and explained and demonstrated the concept.

Something about how if you walk fast enough, the heat does not have enough time to heat up and burn the bottom of your feet.

You don't need NLP to walk over it ... but maybe NLP to convince yourself to walk over it.

-- Punter

#57     Sep 6, 2001
  8. Babak

Babak

firewalking has nothing to do with NLP.

Tony Robbins puts it in his act because it is an empowering act. Think about it. If you can do that, what can't you do?

Tony is a GREAT marketer, he has concentrated on how to distill NLP techniques to well shaped portions which he can then sell. He is not per se interested in NLP, only as it can serve his purpose. As opposed to the more academically inclined people which I mentioned in my previous post.

#58     Sep 6, 2001
  9. Cesko

Cesko

Thank you guys for suggestions. Funny thing about $10,000 fee, if I could afford to pay it I wouldn't need it!

#59     Sep 7, 2001
  10. Andrasnm

I didn't say I don't like Tony Robbins. I just said I am not too big on his work. I look for results and when I can't find students who have had dramatic results I'm not going to be impressed. I imagine he has some value but don't know what. If he empowers people and it works for someone than it's great.

I am just stating I haven't experienced his work. Eventually I probably go to a few of his seminars as I may gain something from them. Self discovery is a constant process that never really ends.

I would like to do a fire walk and get a picture of it. I would then it have blown up and framed on my wall to remind me of what I can do.

rtharp

#60     Sep 7, 2001