Van K. Tharp - dropped off the radar?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by billpritjr, Sep 23, 2006.

1. ya know tharp iz cool and stuff. I think he helps nutraders pretty nice. the thing iz this has he ever worked with top dogs like ari kiwi does? idont think he has......does any1 knew different?

bunny

#11     Sep 25, 2006
  2. did trwndtrader polymopheus pontificator seykota finaaly throw in the rag?

#12     Sep 25, 2006
  3. STFU already imbecile.

or StFu alwedyi mbesaile.

#13     Sep 25, 2006
  4. theSnaggle

theSnaggle Guest

The lates edition of TYWTFF is full of his pet theories, plugs for his seminars and software, and deals only topically with what he should have fleshed out in book form long ago. The original book is still a must read, but he comes off sounding arrogant and a little too slick for my taste. And then there are all those comments he makes and the completely spurious footnotes. He tries to dress up his writing in a scholarly tone, while the content itself just sorta rings hollow. He could reduce the chapters on Expectancy (the six metrics that comprise it) to about 30 or 40 pages and be done with it. It's the sausage game again, folks.

And I get the impression that he does not trade. I would really like to see his original research and how he derived some of his theories. As for the mathematics, that is no secret. I don't understand why he tries to insinuate to his readers that he discovered that stuff.

So I personally don't care where he is. There have been a number of books that, frankly, are better for the novice trader.

My $0.2.

#14     Oct 1, 2006