Van Buren - Seeking Independent Equities Traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by vsisto, May 11, 2002.

1. Turlo

Turlo

sounds like your trading is not going very well............

The only constant is change.

#11     May 20, 2002
  2. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

was it you who was complaining about not getting your kicker form schoney? just curious.......... i talked to schoney a year and a half ago and it sounded like i had to gross 100k to net 20k and then 3 yrs later i would get a bonus. sounds like it will be hard for those that were "let go" to get their bonuses!!!

#12     May 20, 2002
  3. at some point the physical servers, electric and leased equiptment has to be paid for...

be glad that the other forums are allowed to be opened at will by any member, although that doesn't address your complaint

#13     May 20, 2002
  4. trading 1million one side, 2million other side, in this market would move more stock than can be absorbed within the "background noise" of the stocks,

with the long tails on the candles and the institutional whipsaws, an unhedged position like that would do some very serious damage,

no wonder you say that, that deal doesn't exist anymore.

only the market is that good

#14     May 20, 2002
  5. first, my trading was and still is going as well as it can. Making base hits and stacking up the cash......of course there was nothing like 99/00.

Second, for those who were let go from schoni, I have no idea how hard it is on them. As for myself, its not hard, resigning was just another step closer, I cut the strings and now I handle my own capital and that inandof itself is a true test.

Thirdly, Schoni and the Kickers is not an issue. Don' t be mistaken, If Schoni can pay the kickers, it will happen. I highly doubt that I will not get my kicker. The only way I could see schoni not giving kickers is if the market goes to Zero.

Finally, I hope, like most of you, have the ability as i do to chill for a few years, live and enjoy like without worries, other than normal Arab Terrorist attacks. It is summer time and summer trading is not for me. I am only playing, testing plays and going longer term in equities with light shares.

So to answer to your indirect question TURLO, "KING KONG ANT GOT SHIT ON ME".

#15     May 20, 2002
  6. being a commission ho.

If you're fightin for .002 cents, you should worry more about your trading ability.

#16     May 20, 2002
  7. potrader

potrader

$.002 saves me a min of $200 a day. I'll take a ~$50K raise to switch brokers. It'll cover my mortgage.

I guess you don't trade that much.

Besides it's not fighting....it about running your business in an efficient manner.

I'll make u a deal. Open an account with the BD that holds my account and let them give me a rebate of .002 per share on your trades. I'll take the extra $$

#17     May 21, 2002
  8. potrader

potrader

Your right I am a poor trader. I'm only up 63K net ytd and it did take me about $200,000 in commissions to get there. I'd be happy to learn some other more efficient strategy, but at the moment I take little market risk. I've seen too many "highly profitable" bull market traders leave the industry (from loosing too much $$). I'm just happy to be self employed and profitable.

I would still like to have my $.002 tenths back.

You must be a frustrated part owner of a firm that's been getting beat up on commissions.

#18     May 21, 2002
  9. potrader,

your right on with looking for the least expensive commissions, but only if the new broker is as good as your existing broker.

up 60k I think thats good in this market no matter what commissions cost to get there

#19     May 21, 2002