Van Buren Securities

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Blue Star, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Does anyone know anything about Van Buren Securities? Payouts? Commission rates? Contracts? Any salary?

2. They are a Chicago based L.L.C. and are a very legitimate firm. They clear through PAX clearing. They are a well established L.L.C.
    and have been in business over five years. See their site at
    http://www.vbsecurities.com/ .

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., L.L.C.
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

3. Is 5 years considered long in the industry?:confused:

4. Direct access order execution software(as we now know it) ,
    with ECN's and an all in one order excution platform began around
    1996. The Direct Access Broker that has an All in One order execution platform started around 1996. Lieber & Weissman Sec., L.L.C. offered one of the first all in one order execution platforms (NYSE/AMEX/NASDAQ)for off floor traders in 1997, the Lek & Co. ROX system, which we still offer today. The ISLAND ECN was formed in 1996 . The direct access industry is "young". Firms that
    started pre 1996, were often called "DOT" shops, because the only direct access trading they offered was the NYSE DOT system.
    ECN's leveled the playing field for the NASDAQ remote trader.
    The industry is now evolving now , offering API(application Program Interface) trading , which may be the wave of the future.
    Write a program in C++ or Visual basic and the API will connect you to the EDAT software.

Gene Weissman
    gweissmna@stocktrade.net

5. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

i noticed Van Buren isn't on the broker's rating page. did they ask to be removed???? just curious, they really aren't represented here on this web site. any van buren traders out there? speak up!!!!

6. Bryan Roberts,

There is a complete list of direct access brokers on Chris wheeler's website DayTradingStocks.com at www.daytradingstocks.com/daytradingbrokers.html . There is well
    over 100+ direct access brokers. If a firm is not mentioned in Elite Trader, this does not mean this is a "bad" firm or a "small" firm.
    Give Van Buren a call or stop buy one of their offices to see their operation. It is very possible no Van Buren traders surf into Elitetrader. As an example, Heartland is one of the larger direct
    access firms and very rarely do they get any press from the
    boards in Elitetrader .

Gene Weissman
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

7. vsisto

vsisto ECHOtrade

Gene,

Thanks for your kind words about Van Buren. We try very hard to maintain the highest level of professionalism and it often goes unnoticed in an environment where most traders just want the lowest rate and worry about service, support and technology after they've joined a firm. I hope all is well with your firm in NY.

Vito Sisto

8. Vito,

It has been a tough enviroment for everyone and I know your firm has a good reputation for service as well as competitive rates. Best wish's for continued success for VB securities in 2002.

Gene Weissman
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

9. DaveLZ

DaveLZ

I've been trading with Van Buren for more than 3 years and have been very happy with them. See my comments under the Van Buren listing in "Brokers". Their website is

www.vbsecurities.com

10. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

Can you explain what you mean by "tough environment" and what is the cause for this. Are decimals part of the problem, i.e. 100 increments per dollar instead of 16? It just seems like summer volatility year round.....i see the vix is at 22.42 this morning. What gives?

#10     Feb 14, 2002