Value of training??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Boib, May 14, 2005.

1. Boib

Boib

I would like to restrict this discussion to those that have actually attended and/or paid for some kind of training seminar.

From searching the site I realize that there are quite a few who claim that paying for trading education isn’t the way to go. “Those that can trade, trade and those who can’t teach trading”.

I would like to hear from those of you that have taken some kind of training and your review of the value of that training.

I have taken a couple of free seminars. Pristines intro and Cyber-University webinar. Both encourage you to take additional training that they just happen to provide. The old “You can’t learn brain surgery from a book” tactic. Has anyone taken additional training and has it helped you take your trading to the next level.

My situation is that I’m sitting in the middle of nowhere, I’m not even aware of anyone successfully trading in the same area. I trade mainly stocks. After 2 years I’m getting back to even and have stopped making the usual mistakes. That is I now take my losses early. I have basically eliminated “Hope” from my trading vocabulary.

I’ve read volumes and from attending “Free” seminars feel I need something to get me to the next level. Where to go?