Value of Financial TV channels: CNBC, Bloomberg.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Bitstream, Aug 28, 2005.

1. TNX.

That's got to show how biased I am against buisness tv: I lost too much dosh trading breaking news.....

#11     Sep 1, 2005
  2. i find cnbc way to biased to "is now the time to buy?"ithonk the brokerages love them cause they can promote their junk that they unloading. they used to have more actual traders on but i guess they cut that out. i just have it on sometimes when i need a distraction. robtv in canada sometimes is good. the afternoon show with pat bollandis allright. no hype and they seem to talk to more trading types. have a good weekend:D

#12     Sep 2, 2005
  3. Chagi

Chagi

My personal favorite was watching an analyst on RobTV twice talking about a Canadian stock called Chartwell (T.CWH).

First appearance on the show was the day that the stock did its final spike to nearly $12 (around April 10). Stock was rated a buy, analyst talked about how the stock had done very well for his firm since they bought in, and how he didn't have a problem with buying more here.

Stock then started to tank, analyst was on the show again roughly mid-May (if I remember correctly), someone calls into the show basically saying, "So, uhhhhh, you recommended that Chartwell stock a couple of weeks back, and it's dropped by about 20% or so, what should I do?"

Analyst replies that the caller probably shouldn't worry about it, that quarterly results are due soon, and that CWH is mostly down due to sector concerns with other similar companies, CWH is a good company, etc.

Stock then continues to tank, and still isn't showing signs of leveling out, closed today at $4.77.

#13     Sep 2, 2005