Vaccines for kids...should you do it?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 26, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

2. Those statistics are based on online surveys conducted by the site - an antivaccine site - of parents. That these parents are on the site and filling out a survey suggests that they may harbor an antivaccine bias and thier answers to questions concerning medical conditions can hardly be considered impartial, or qualified. In short, those statistics are dubious.

One needs a randomized trial and one needs to confirm medical conditions with professional diagnosises.

Do you beleive everything you read (written by a non-Liberal)?

3. My wife and I studied this subject extensively when our children were born. There are risks from vaccinations, but the statistics show that the risks of getting the disease are much greater. It boils down to taking a small risk of a vaccination side effect vs. a much larger risk of getting the disease and suffering an even worse outcome.

We don't have to look too far back in history to see what happened before there were vaccinations for polio, small pox and pertussis -- millions of people died or were left permamently disabled.

4. Eight

Eight

I'm not so totally sold on vaccinations: Recently, whooping cough was spreading only in the areas where they are vaccinating! And the talking heads were saying that whooping cough is spreading and that means we need more vaccinations!

Some illnesses spread through the US, where people are vaccinated, and stop at the Mexican Border, where people are not vaccinated but have healthy immune systems.. and it's possibly because the vaccinations weaken the immune system..

5. Eight

Eight

Why isn't such a trial done? You'd think that somebody would want to know about that if they actually gave a rat's ass about our health.

6. I feel like Polio is like H1N1...people were deathly afraid of it, but if you look at the numbers, the odds of getting it were slim, about 1 in 10,000. Of those 1 in 10,000. If you were that 1 that got polio, it was a 1 in 1,000 chance you would get paralized or die from it.

So basically you have to look at the odds. Do you want to increase your chances 2,000% of getting an autoimmune disorder(1 in 14 chance) in order to decrease your chances of getting a disease that gives you a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of dying/getting paralyzed from it?

I mean hell...about a 1 in 270 chance to a 1 in 14 chance! And thats just autoimmune disorders. What about the increase in autism, seizures and all the others on that list?

I've seen plenty of charts that show when the polio vaccine was implemented that cases of polio disappeared fast, but do you look at charts of things that have increased since vaccines like autism?

[​IMG]
    http://legacy.autism.com/autism/first/adviceforparents.htm

7. A polio vaccine costs between $50 to $80 per dose. There are almost 100 million people born every year. If you do the math, you'll find the reason.

#10     Aug 26, 2012