Vaccine H1N1 did it had an effect on your trading ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by SNBthetrue, Dec 6, 2009.

Did the H1N1 had effect on your trading ( discretionnary primarly )

1. I will never freely agree to take the shot...

30 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. No, no effect at all ! My shield to survive...

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. No, not really, however I feel something...

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Yes really... I am a new man ! ( good or bad ? )

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. H1 nor any vaccine, but oh man that bloody mary I think was responsible for at least 2 points on my P&L...more L than P! :D

#11     Dec 19, 2009
  2. I figured the H1N1 vaccine was an experiment to test the sentiment/cooperation of the people with the gov't of this country.

First order of business was to change the name so as not to offend the Muslims, we could hardly expect to innoculate Muslims with a politcally incorrect flu. Hence the number.

Then we had the you tubers who brought up the 1976 swine flu commercials scare which I lived through and inspite of generally reading 4 newspapers a day at that time, 1976 flu was ho hum.

Then we had the media report to expect 90k deaths by year end, last I knew we had 4k and no one is counting because no one is required to test.

so on and so forth...

Did it have an effect on your trading? Let me ask you this, "This time it's different" Not hardly.

#12     Dec 19, 2009
  3. The H1N1 vaccine didn't affect my trading but the actual flu did. Trying to put on an iron condor with the chills is something I never want to repeat.

#13     Dec 19, 2009
  4. drcha

drcha

Very sorry to hear about your mom, and I hope she will be well soon.

I could not figure out how to play the vaccine. I work in the pharma industry so I cannot really trade those stocks due to insider info rules at our company. I was not sure what else I could really trade to take advantage of it...

#14     Dec 19, 2009
  5. I just got the vaccine today. Went to WAG, it around $20.00 only took a few minutes of my time.

#15     Dec 22, 2009
  6. rhaaa !!! I read yesterday that Margaret Chan, CEO of the WHO didn't took the shoot yet !!!

For me that's a crime, promoting a product and not taking it...

:mad:

and not a single note in the US MSM...

#16     Dec 31, 2009
  7. whats your point? Trading affected by vaccination? How many more stupid excuses do losing traders really need...

#17     Dec 31, 2009
  8. asiaprop...

I think that Margaret Chan is under violation of The Biological Weapons Convention from the UN...

quote :

States Parties to the Biological Weapons Convention undertake "never in any circumstances to develop, produce, stockpile or otherwise acquire or retain:

microbial or other biological agents, or toxins whatever their origin or method of production, of types and in quantities that have no justification for prophylactic, protective or other peaceful purposes;
    weapons, equipment or means of delivery designed to use such agents or toxins for hostile purposes or in armed conflict."

http://www.unog.ch/80256EE600585943/(httpPages)/04FBBDD6315AC720C1257180004B1B2F?OpenDocument

#18     Dec 31, 2009
  9. Happy New Year to you too!!!

#19     Dec 31, 2009
  10. I think that by not taking the shot the 31 december of 2009. Margaret Chan director of the WHO has violated her mandate. Furthermore she has trough her organisation directed an attack on the health of the consummer of the Market.

How could the Market tolerates that people attacks their custommers... If the Market can't defend his customer... it's over.

#20     Dec 31, 2009