V&V Asset management (Assent)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by hypo, Mar 13, 2008.

1. I'll second this statement.

However, what I recall is usually Generic pulling unreasonable crap and V&V having to pass it down the line. So chances are, Vlad & Vihn got screwed somehow as well and it's from the top. There is only so much power they have.

#21     Mar 14, 2008
  2. you obviously need the speech, if you went to the sec.

also, i gave you an answer, just not the one you wanted to hear: you took a risk and got fucked... you have no recourse. deal with it. a lawyer will cost you more than what you put in.

instead of asking us to spare you the lectures, how about you spare us traders the pain of regulation for not taking responsibility for your actions. when you go whining to the sec asking for help on your loss, you're asking the government for help playing the victim card, you're not taking responsibility for YOUR mistake, and THAT hurts the system and the community in general.

it will be difficult for you to succeed as a trader in the future if you don't fundamentally get what's being said here.

#22     Mar 14, 2008
  3. hypo

hypo

I get what you're saying man. And I'll admit that I came into things very naively. I was with a prop company before and had no issues and was under the impression that my account was separate from other traders. When this happend I was outraged that other trader's losses could affect me like that. After doing some research it became very clear what I had gotten myself and I was just unaware of the risks at my own fault so I accepted it and moved on.

In light of what happend at Tuco, it has made me want to find out from traders who have had similar experiences what they have done to get results. I am not the first and far from the last so I asked.

I did not mean to stir anything up and make things harder for others so if I did, then I apologize. And youre right, both you and brokerboy both gave answers so thanks for the responses.

I'm still willing to hear other's experiences.

#23     Mar 14, 2008
  4. StkWiz

StkWiz

I second Hypo claim, Both Vinh and Vlad are s^#%bag of the first order. Anyone defending these guys or this sub LLC structure does'n know what they are talking about. The lies and deception created by these guys before you join them was criminal.
    As for they getting screwed because of Jasper or Generic, consider this. These guys pulled the same scam a year before in NJ and that was before jasper or generic hit the fan. Then a year later they repeated the same thing in CA.
    After reading Hypo's thread I am also filling a complain to SEC and spreading the word around for anyone else who is scammed by V & V to do the same.
    As for any other poster saying Vinh and Vlad as stand up guys..lol..Stand up guys don't disappear when they own money to people.

#24     Mar 14, 2008
  5. In&Out

In&Out

First of all Hypo is talking about what happened at the end of 2006 beginning 2007. As you know V & V was a sub account of Jasper LLC. Jasper controled all the accounts. Please check your paperwork. The funds were deposited through V & V directly into Jasper's account.
    So before you start writing about things that you don't know about or wasn't a part of, read about what happened to Jasper and the funds that Jasper traders lost. Last time V&V had their own sub accounts was spring of 2005 back at Generic.

#25     Mar 14, 2008
  6. Anyone who gives there money to a guy name Vin or vlad, im sorry cant feel sorry for you...That right there is a big time red flag and especially if there in jersey or ny..Next!

#26     Mar 15, 2008
  7. StkWiz

StkWiz

They disappered a few month before Jasper blew up. So I don't think that Jasper was the reason. Unless you know these scumbags personally ..I am not sure how can you defend these guys?

#27     Mar 17, 2008