V/MA in after hours: Free money, or giant sucker play?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Rearden Metal, Jul 30, 2008.

1. I unloaded all of my Visa & most of my MA pre-open, covering the remaining MA shares shortly after the open. I'm actually kind of surprised this play worked out as well as it did. Like I said, when a supposed mispricing is THAT obvious, there's usually some kind of sucker-play catch to bite you in the ass. That's why I didn't even recommend for anyone to follow/join me on this one.

Today was actually a landmark day for me, as I've finally just emerged from the deep '08 red hole I had going for a while. At last, for the first time since January, I'm now green on the year. :cool:

#11     Jul 31, 2008
  2. nice play bro.

I have come to realize than if on ET no one replies, chances are that means you made a pretty good point/play/idea.

once again nice job

#12     Jul 31, 2008
  3. stereo70

stereo70

Congratulations! Champagne, hookers, and blow? :D

#13     Jul 31, 2008
  4. Thanks! You're very close, but I really do prefer; <b>"Champagne, Blow & Sluts"</b>! :D

#14     Jul 31, 2008
  5. good work. being negative really weighs on your trading. i had a really good month but it is frustrating because i was trading great up until this past week when i got down a few grand in the mornings. i trade so much differently when i am down than when i am up. when i am up i let things flow much better but when i am down i get into defense mode and just look to minimize losses. i guess it's a good thing but it sucks when it prevents you from doing your best decision making.

anyhow...great call and nice work getting back positive.

#15     Jul 31, 2008
  6. Cutten

Cutten

Another good play. When does the Rearden hedge fund open? I sense the beginning of a sustained uptrend here :)

Why not stop tracking your P&L during the day?

#16     Aug 3, 2008
  7. well i can see when i am in a losing trade :p and i also know when i am churning money away.

further we have admin screens at work and i can pretty much always see my p/l. it's not a bad thing. i made a lot last month so i'll stick to what i have going and just try to improve on my psychology when i get down over 5-8k.

#17     Aug 3, 2008