v-card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by quin8670, Aug 5, 2007.

1. I am just wondering if this will work...

I think I am getting the Dell Inspiron Desktop 531 Mini-tower
    -AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4400+ (2.30GHZ)
    -256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT-DDR3

I want to hook up four monitors - the 8600GT has 2 ports so I need 2 more

Would either of these work and which would be best

-GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 16x PCI Express Video Card

or

-DiabloTek GeForce FX5200 128MB DDR PCI Video Card w/DVI & TV

or does it really not matter...

thanks a lot for the help

2. Why don't you do a search ? This question has been answered multiple times.

Anyway, if your motherboard has a 2nd PCI-E slot, get an NVidia NVS 285 PCI-E. If it doesn't, get an NVS 280 PCI. Thes are low power, fanless reliable, dual DVI or VGA and you can buy them cheap on eBay.

3. thanks dcraig.

I know very similar questions have been asked before and I have probably read through them all. I haven't paid any attention to computer hardware for a long time so I just want to make sure things go together and I'm not missing something really obvious.

4. One other thing. If you buy off eBay, make sure that it comes with the DMS-59 Y-Cable (either DVI or VGA to suit your monitors). This is essential.

5. gnome

gnome

A MUCH better trading computer is Dell Dimension 9200, w/ Quadro NVS video cards... The 531 is low-end... designed for general computing while meeting a price point.

6. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

i thought this thread was going to be about you finally losing your v-card.

8. i'm running the ge force fx 5200 pci 128mb ddr

it has dual vga + s-video if you want to run stuff on the tv, won't let you run 2 screens plus tv but you can run 2 monitors or 1 monitor and tv, it was cheap at circuit city and i'm sure you can install 2 of them as long as you have 2 pci slots

its called VERTO 2d/3d graphics card dual vga + s-video

must have cut that message in half