V Bottom

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Feb 28, 2007.

1. You dont call that a sell off? You think it was a technical error? Com on .... The market is just some people sitting at their computer screens forming an opinion. The last bear market is a great example. What happened is that it hit the exact zone that I gave to you on a gold plate over 3 weeks ago calling for a 5-10% decline. The market was overbought, to many stops below the market... what goes up must come down. Stoney I thought you had learned your lesson once going against me before.... obviously not. Good luck...

#31     Feb 28, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Ill start going long around 11500-11750 area. Until then expect alot more volatility.

#32     Feb 28, 2007
  3. Ym zones

#33     Feb 28, 2007
  4. One word: ratings. Who's going to watch those clowns in a bear market? Cramer will be gone since most of the dopes who follow his picks will have blown up their accounts already.

#34     Feb 28, 2007
  5. I guess you might still be alive if you have an 18 pt stop..... stoney listen to me next time...

#35     Mar 1, 2007
  6. <i>"That's right ALL 400 points back By Friday. Impossible?"</i>

Yes. Definitely. Much more probable to cough up another -400 by the weekend, instead.

Roll up some Durban Poison to settle the nerves a bit, <b>Stoned</b>... were about to see some old school volatility rattling around here for awhile. :)

#36     Mar 1, 2007
  7. statistically there is some backup for your reversal call, but i think V bottoms typically mark an end of a downtrend, not at the top of an uptrend

#37     Mar 1, 2007
  8. The problem with your guys thinking is that EXTREME one day blow offs ALWAYS comes at bottoms not tops--
    corrections are dribble drain affairs that give investors many chances to F* up and reinvest only to get sucked down again... anyone remember post 2000? So in fact what we were sitting on- little did we know- was not a top it was a trading range and a bottom. We established
    a puke flush and some are betting we retest. I am on record for a V Bottom. That means don't look at the futures (by 10:30 we will be flat to up by 12:30 we will be up 60 points by 2:30 160 points- and I fear we may sell off in the last hour)

#38     Mar 1, 2007
  9. You keep changing your opinion... this that.. yes this is definately looking like a washout move. I am on the short side since 1459 and will stay that way. The V bottom is already negated... you are already wrong. V bottoms dont have a DB retest and drop 18 points.... they are vertical.

#39     Mar 1, 2007
  10. If you add an element of symmetry to your comparison, 2000 had a dribble down move after an explosive up move, while this seems like the start of an explosive down move after a dribble up move. Having said that, P/Es are way better now than 2000, and statistically, a bounce of 2-4% has more than 80% probability.

Good luck with your trade.

#40     Mar 1, 2007