UVXY why is it down

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by tracer619, Sep 24, 2012.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Tracer,

These "Ultra" (leveraged) ETFs are instruments designed for professionals to implement a short term hedge. They are basically very short term instruments.

The prospectuses for these instruments makes it clear that they are "designed to achieve their investment objective on a daily basis meaning that they are not designed to track the underlying index over an extended period of time. Typically, the longer you hold a Leveraged or Inverse ETF, the greater your potential for loss. Accordingly, Leveraged and Inverse ETFs may not be suitable for investors who plan to hold positions for longer than one trading session. These products are designed for experienced traders who understand their risks, including the impact of daily compounding of leveraged instrument returns, and who actively monitor their positions throughout the trading day."

Hope that helps!

D

#21     Jan 17, 2013
  2. unbelievable contraction in volatility

we have entered a new era

#22     Jan 18, 2013
  3. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Are you ignoring what everyone is telling you because you really really really want to believe you are right?

#23     Jan 18, 2013
  4. VIX has never ever been this low

unbelievable and I think its going sub 10

UVXY to 5 ..... unreal

#24     Jan 19, 2013
  5. Judging by his post just underneath yours, dumber than a bag of hammers.
    And lazy too.

#25     Jan 19, 2013
  6. Jgills

Jgills

This guy is just trolling

#26     Jan 19, 2013
  7. hft_boy

hft_boy

While we're on the subject, can somebody please explain to me why TVIX is trading at 4% above NAV (again)? Don't tell me the OP has been dislocating the price ... :p

#27     Jan 19, 2013
  8. actually my real time frame for this whole thing to reverse (UVXY goes higher) was around Feb 1

as of now I still have my position thought its small- have stopped averaging in

January is an iffy month anyway, in Feb we will see the true trend and I am confident to make money on this

blackguard

#28     Jan 21, 2013
  9. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Are you really signing a post under one pseudo name with another pseudo name?? I mean, I know this is the internet at all, but don't you think that's getting a little out of hand?

#29     Jan 22, 2013
  10. because of the snowstorm most guys are taking today off and some are taking mon and tues off as well (to dig out)

look for vol to be extremely low the next few days and I think UVXY has a good chance of going under 10 by mid next week

bear market? crash? mini crash? we are overdue but best timeframe now is late spring early summer...

blackguard

#30     Feb 8, 2013