UST Stablecoin Veers Wildly From Dollar Peg (

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Statistical Trader, May 9, 2022.

1. Well, apparently there were not enough lessons learned from Iron Finance. Seems there needs to be more checks in place to prevent these co-ordinated attacks by whales. This weekend will be memorable in UST's history that's for sure. In the meantime, I watched Luna drop all the way to 22... still hanging under 30. I should be sleeping right now but too busy watching the drama.

#11     May 10, 2022
  2. 'Stable' coin

#12     May 10, 2022
  3. Algo stable coins and the risk it runs. I hope it can get sorted but it's going to fuel the regulators looking to push CBDCs

#13     May 10, 2022
  4. more fud

nothing to see here

oh, and this is in the COIN filing

bon apatite!

Moreover, because custodially held crypto assets may be considered to be the property of a bankruptcy estate, in the event of a bankruptcy, the crypto assets we hold in custody on behalf of our customers could be subject to bankruptcy proceedings and such customers could be treated as our general unsecured creditors.

#14     May 10, 2022
  5. What interesting, is the bad earnings report was leaked out ahead of time...

Typical Wall Street shenanigans.

#15     May 10, 2022
  6. Cuban ? is he still breathing ?

#16     May 10, 2022
  7. ph1l

ph1l

upload_2022-5-11_9-20-6.png
    beach_house_collapse_nc.gif

#17     May 11, 2022
  8. maxinger

maxinger

New word in the dictionary

UNSTABLECOIN

• UNStablecoins are cryptocurrencies that attempt to peg their market value to some external reference.
    • UNStablecoins are more useless than more volatile cryptocurrencies as a medium of exchange.
    • UNStablecoins may be pegged to a currency like the U.S. dollar or to the price of a commodity such as gold.
    • UNStablecoins pursue price instability by maintaining reserve assets as collateral or through algorithmic formulas that are supposed to control supply.

#18     May 11, 2022
    The_Krakenite likes this.
  9. a ripple dividend?

#19     May 14, 2022
  10. johnarb

johnarb

This guy predicted the future back in 2019

#20     May 15, 2022
    NoahA likes this.