USPS needs a bailout too!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Aug 5, 2011.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

How do you know I'm not wise?

You should she my family tree. Seriously PHD's, First Class Honours, Leaders in their fields. No shit I am not lying. You would be impressed.

#21     Aug 5, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Here's one and I didn't even have to waste time searching.

#22     Aug 5, 2011
  3. TGregg

TGregg

This is a fine example of how I know you are not wise. Wisdom is not genetic. Intelligence has a fair amount of genetic components but knowing things has none. One gains wisdom by learning, by observing. There are very few (if any) wise 19 year olds.

EDIT: Dumb flatfish experiements notwithstanding. Plus, I never could get it to work anyways. :D

#23     Aug 5, 2011
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

I'm 28. Although I look 19.:D

#24     Aug 5, 2011
  5. morganist

morganist Guest

#25     Aug 5, 2011
  6. TGregg

TGregg

Seriously? I mean, 28 Earth years? Wow. Maybe you got a late start. One hopes. I can't go back and have a conversation with my 28 year old self, but I do know I had a fair amount of dumb ideas still ingrained. To the point that I assume that I have at least some still remaining that will become apparent down the road.

28? Maybe that is a sign of how much more mature I have become. If so, I would offer to you that there is an astonishingly long road ahead. I mean, I knew it was long, but if I have come this far already, holy cow.

I wish I had known how much could be gained when I was a lad. I'd sure like to pick my grandfather's brain.

#26     Aug 5, 2011
  7. morganist

morganist Guest

Do you mean I am unwise or that all people 28 are unwise. If it is me why do you think I am so unwise.

#27     Aug 5, 2011
  8. Back to the topic on hand.

The most interesting idea I heard is to reduce mail delivery to twice a week. There would be 3 categories, Monday and Thursday delivery, Tuesday and Friday delivery and finally Wednesday and Saturday delivery. You could then fire about 66% of the letter carriers since mail delivery would only be provided to one-third of the USA addresses on any given day.

Not sure if the Postal Union would go for an idea like this, but I think it would reduce their costs...

#28     Aug 5, 2011
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

In England we used to have to deliveries a day. First post then a later post. They stopped the first post and then said that the second post would come any time that day. They also changed it so first class was not first class anymore and you have to pay more for next day delivery.

#29     Aug 5, 2011
  10. zdreg

zdreg

wisdom comes late if ever comes to most people. when will you will recognize that the US is going through the same stages similar to the Argentina collapse?

#30     Aug 5, 2011