USPS considering cutting 120,000 JOBS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Aug 11, 2011.

1. will848

will848

Most of these people have worked USPS all their life and will be unmarketable.

A simple way to fix the unemployment numbers is to flip them all under government payroll. There, economy fixed.

#11     Aug 12, 2011
  2. I liked the post office until I moved to the city where the postal workers at the post office are just so rude. I don't understand why they aren't trained in customer service. I hope they cut the right people.

#12     Aug 12, 2011
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Well most employees will blame the customer for their stupidity and rudeness while the customer will blame the worker for being rude, soooo

I have to admit I dont think they need to be trained in customer service since they offer a service no matter how slow it might be or unhelpful they might seem people still have to use their service. Every time I walk in they are completely understaffed and the wait time is about 10-20 mins since they usually have about 2-3 people behind the counter and about 10-25 people waiting in line at any given point in the day!

#13     Aug 12, 2011
  4. The problem is that no matter what we do, USPS will still lose money... my U.S. friend says that much of his mail is wrongly delivered to neighbours in the next apartment, so if they can't deliver mail properly, they surely can't get their finances straight. Sad but true.

#14     Aug 12, 2011
  5. Don't be silly. People ship things all the time. Stores need inventory, Amazon customers need their consumables, People need their pay checks... etc etc... The USPS will still be around in 50 years. It will just be smaller.

#15     Aug 12, 2011
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

The only mail I get is junk mail...so they might have to pay me to pick it up. They can keep all my mail. I pay everything online and the only good thing that comes in my mail is Blockbuster movies

#16     Aug 12, 2011
  7. bone

bone

This is clearly Bush's fault.

This announcement is the result of the Tea Party downgrade.

#17     Aug 12, 2011
  8. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

#18     Aug 14, 2011
  9. I never had any problem with the post office. Always on time always professional. But I understand the the hate. All those benefits, perks, vacations, decent wages. Come on! Time to join the rest of America, with non existent health care for most, shitty wages, shitty schedules, part time employment, 1 week vacations and no union to back them up. yeap that is the ticket to prosperity. LOL

BTW when are we going to downgrade the military? I say cutting half of them would do the trick and lowering its budget to 100 billion should help close the gap.

#19     Aug 14, 2011
  10. bone

bone

Please define a time in the future when we are not going to require a military.

Obama has been an excellent Warlord - he certainly will not cut the military budget.

#20     Aug 14, 2011