Using two or more robots on one account

Discussion in 'Forex' started by futuretrading, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Hi
    I read somewhere, where someone was using the fap turbo and the megadroid together on one acct. I'm sure hoping to get more pips (profit) that way. Have anyone here done that with 2 or more robots on 1 account? and how were the results?

2. Yes, you can run more than one ea on an MT4 Platform with your Broker...

There are certain things to consider with this though...

Let's say, I can run 2 Eur/Usd bots - same Currency Pair, Different Timeframes, but with totally different "Magic Numbers" as this is how each developer configures his bot - this has always worked for me... But I've heard from one or two traders using whatever bot they bought and about there being problems for them but I don't hear about this very often...

And I actually have 3 bots running on another account Alpari/UK (project I'm working on in the Trader's Secret Library) successfully and I have 3 bots running like this - Eur/Usd 30M, Eur/Usd 1H and Eur/Chf for 1H too!

I do stay away from running the same Currency Pair with the same Timeframe... like both on the 1H Eur/Usd...

This has been my experience with the bots and running various eas on my platform.

Hope this helps you out a bit...

3. xtrader0

xtrader0

You can run different robots on the same account usually... it depends on the parameters input into each ea so the odd one does not play nicely with others - magic numbers come into play also... but it's worth a whirl... especially in Demo... you are running with 3 MT4 Platforms... you can run a few bots on each... Robominer runs with a couple of currency pairs but also does open multiple trades at a time so equity wise make sure you've compensated for that also...

Hope this helps you out a bit...