Using Statistics To Gain An Edge

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TheRumpledOne, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Trader13

Trader13

Have you looked at probability distributions for markets other than FX, or is there something about the currency markets that make them distinctive?

#21     Dec 17, 2016
  2. algofy

algofy

The IQ of the average retail Forex trader is massively below average, it's clear from reading trading forex threads. Therefore, it's easy fishing for scum stealth vendors.

#22     Dec 17, 2016
    victorycountry likes this.
  3. Trader13

Trader13

I am aware that retail FX is a honeypot for many vendors, quite true!

But my question to TRO still stands. I don't know anything about TRO's track record in trading, but he is legendary as a programmer.

If probability distributions for other markets besides FX show a skew in the distribution, that would be interesting to hear about.

#23     Dec 17, 2016
  4. algofy

algofy

TRO is legendary as a programmer? What area?

#24     Dec 17, 2016
  5. I could not agree more. It's the primary reason why I have stopped following most fx threads. Especially "how forex trading can make you rich" one, it's really bad. Guys there who keep posting the same BS over and over, I feel like seeing dump and dumpers.

images.jpg

#25     Dec 17, 2016
  6. Nowdays, all financial markets are highly correlated. So, there is less benefit from divesification perspective.

I think you're talking about price points where there is excess selling(buying). There are more than one way to find out that. In my first, PhD research on us commodity futures market, there is excess selling(buying) above/below round numbers. And my results confirms the previous studies' finding on US stock market. Anyway, long sentence to a short one, you can find that skew distribution in almost all markets.

Soon, I will be able to find out correlation between markets. My second research is about systematic market efficiency. For that, I will have to use data from all sort of financial markets e.g stock, derivative etc...very scary seriously that I have to deal with such a huge data

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    #26     Dec 17, 2016

7. Why would any well accomplished trader want to visit to E T and waste his time , reading 50 new threads from a bunch of forex rebates goons , these goons are sponsored by forex bucket shops

saying

FOREX WILL MAKE YOU RICH
    FOREX IS PROFITABLE
    FOREX CAN GIVE YOU A GOOD INCOME

Why would intelligent traders want to waste their time here?

lies on demo trading

forex.jpg

#27     Dec 17, 2016
  8. I am an information hunter.
    I can utilise information that ET traders talk about and by coming here I can overcome selection bias.
    TA without fundamental information analysis is simply a gambling in the long run.

#28     Dec 17, 2016
  9. Trader13

Trader13

Easylanguage programming for very complex indicators (that I looked at many years ago). You would have to be a Tradestation brokerage customer to be aware of this.

#29     Dec 17, 2016
  10. Trader13

Trader13

This type of research has already been covered exhaustively. Are you working on a new angle?

#30     Dec 17, 2016