Using Smartphone as a hotspot for my laptop

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by DallasCowboysFan, Oct 23, 2019.

1. 1) Call the hotel and have them fix it. I once was called to a hotel to fix their computer problems since I am a level 5 tech, but they did have at least 3 computer people working there. I also custom build game, trading, and high end graphic workstations, and lab computers if anyone needs one.

2) Get off your lazy ass, walk out of the hotel, find a coffee shop, connect to their Wifi.

3) See if there is any other Wifi besides the hotel that you can reach from your room or the bar of the hotel.

4) My understanding is that if you want to connect to your phone and its not jail broken, you need to call your carrier and tell them you want to do this since they charge more money for this add on.

5) If you still have this issue at a coffee shop, it's your computer, take it in for repair.

6) I found it's does not cost that much to sign up with https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ I think it's good to use it when downloading anything from the Internet or using public wifi.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    #21     Oct 29, 2019
  2. jl1575

jl1575

For Verizon unlimited, you can use your phone as hotspot anytime without additional charge. There is a 15GB (?) cap for 4G speed per month, and it is reduced to 2G after the cap, but unlimited data.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    #22     Oct 29, 2019