Using S+P premium levels in emini trading ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aspenboy, Mar 23, 2007.

1. ramora

ramora

You can also search ET for posts made by "makosgu" use keywords "squeeze", "tool", and "indexarb.com". He has several very good posts and developed an Excel spreadsheet to follow INDU/YM spread.

#11     Mar 23, 2007
  2. does this trump hershy method

#12     Mar 23, 2007
  3. ramora

ramora

No, he is a very strong advocate of the Hershey method. His work was motivated by Hershey posts (I believe).

#13     Mar 23, 2007
  4. Thank you, very much.
    The name makosogu remind me to read "Teahouse of the August Moon."

#14     Mar 23, 2007
  5. basis

basis

WTF?

Sorry you didn't like my post, mods ... for those few who can see this one, I said that Jack's post was incorrect.

Well, this board has always kinda sucked ... your loss. Way to drive off a person who actually trades.

#15     Mar 23, 2007
  6. duard

duard

Basis---

Just make money... Don't worry about the subterfuge. : )

#16     Mar 24, 2007
  7. OP here...thx. to all for their input. Have a good weekend.

#17     Mar 24, 2007
  8. As traders,we all recognize and appreciate the value of simplicity. Would someone mind please, in laymans terms, giving me some suggestions as to how to incorporate prem/fair value levels into my intraday ES trading? If there is a correlation between the two that has proven helpful in anticipating short term mkt. direction...
    Thank you !

#18     Mar 25, 2007
  9. #19     Mar 25, 2007
  10. Simplicity is a good idea.

Since the offset varies going through each quarter that has to be taken into account.

Because the index is tied to the cash that has to be taken into account.

Because the cash and the index do not quite move together that has to be taken into account.

Then there are the characterisitic of the trader which are quite numerous to be sure.

I hope you find what you want and I do see that you have noticed that itis not out there and all over the place. There are reasons.

One thing about trading is that once you have knowledge and skills it seems to be quite "simple". It is, in fact.

There seems to be an impediment to getting to the place where it is simple. The impediments are spoken about by people on each side of this impediment.

I wish it weren't so but that is one of the things people on each side do agree upon. There is an impediment.

There is little or no value in discussing it. Nothing will change as a consequence.

#20     Mar 25, 2007