Using real names on message boards

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by eagle488, Nov 29, 2006.

1. I only follow the person that has my credit card and only if there are others (patrons) standing at the payment counter paying their bills or chit chating...

Hopefully that's clear along with being mentioned earlier a few times.

Also, I don't always use credit cards nor do I always walk around with several hundred dollars in cash or more (money pouch) when dining at particular restaurants.

My last restaurant bill was about $525 for six people.

If I was at Denny's...I'll pay cash...

Usually doesn't cost more than $20 bucks and a 20% tip (my usual tip).

P.S. My Denny's comment is a joke or sarcasm...I haven't been there since 1990 I think.

Mark

#51     Dec 5, 2006
  2. newtoet

newtoet

lol - luckily I read this post before putting you on ignore.

You are changing your story - no where in your original post did you say you only followed the waitress "only if there are others (patrons) standing at the payment counter paying their bills or chit chating..."

That is why I repeatedly said in my posts:

"I stand by my comment on your original statement - if you are at a full-service restaurant, you should show some respect for the waitress and not get up and follow her to watch as she runs your credit card for payment. It is ridiculous, petty, and you are implying that the waitress is going to steal something from you."

Moreover, I like how you keep trying to show how much you spend, what fancy places you eat at, and how you are not cheap. Funny.

Now you are on ignore. But, as always, have a good day.

#52     Dec 5, 2006
  3. zdreg

zdreg

i suggest you only dine at restaurants where you have a house account.
    the side benefit is people will be impressed. it is a privilege which is rarely extended nowadays/

your fear is not unrealistic.
    your methodology will not accomplish its goals

i would carry large bills to minimize the problem

#53     Dec 5, 2006
  4. Every post I've talked about in this thread prior to my most recent post to volente have been via the following words...

* Waitress/Waiter
    * Patrons at the payment counter

Not all in the same post (only twice).

Your just not reading too well among my ramblings.

:D :p :D

Mark

#54     Dec 5, 2006
  5. Hi zdreg,

Are you serious???

Walking around with large bills will make me worry in comparison to standing in a line of a few people for a few minutes.

Only people I know that walk around with that much cash have just wallked out of the bank on pay day.

:D

However, I have a friend that use to do just that until one day he lost his wallet.

It got returned to him a few days later...

Minus the cash.

:(

Mark

#55     Dec 5, 2006
  6. volente_00

volente_00

Much safer without cash.
    At least if you lose your wallet, they only have your credit card and drivers license which can be picture altered quite easily and allow them to cash advance on your card at any bank they choose.

:)

#56     Dec 5, 2006
  7. zdreg

zdreg

keep it in a money belt.

#57     Dec 5, 2006
  8. You actually do this or know anybody that does this???

Wouldn't you be afraid of someone following you out of a store, restaurant, gas station, shopping mall or whatever after seeing you pull cash out of a money belt to make payment.

Here's a funny situation that recently happen.

I was at the hospital recently last week to pay a bill.

I was the only person standing in line but couldn't see any one in the room but I could hear voices.

So I stuck my head around the corner and saw a woman dress as if she worked in a cafeteria with a food cart.

Another woman was stacking money on a large food cart.

Seven rolls across and 3 rolls deep...about 6 inches deep per stack.

Bills seem to be very large.

She then place a large blanket over the cash and then placed a food tray on top.

Next...she smiled at me as she left the office with her food cart.

:D

I stood there surprised and then the accounts receivable woman (the one that gave the food cart gal the cash) asked me how was I going to pay my bill.

I'm hinting that the problem is two fold...the carelessness of those handling the cash and possibly with those standing around paying their bills or chit chatting.

Luckily I'm a nice guy and saw some humor in the situation at the Children's Hospital in Québec.

They must be short on security guards.

:D :p :D

Mark

#58     Dec 5, 2006
  9. zdreg

zdreg

I am not asking you to open your shirt but your "wallet" go to the rest room and pull the money out.:)

#59     Dec 5, 2006
  10. GTS

GTS

I don't really understand your point here. You are saying that your name is not something that you can freely give out because using just your name someone can steal your identity?

People's names are not secret and they are freely available from a number of public sources.

Are you saying that the combination of knowing their name and the fact that they are (or claim to be) a trader gives you an edge over looking up any random person's name from the phone book or public property records?

#60     Dec 5, 2006