Using nature and natural eco and bio systems to style your trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Boy Plunger, Aug 28, 2005.

1. If air is all you use when trading than i will allow your existence but i'm watching you. Tell us, how and what you trade and with how much? Maybe we can be friends. LOL J/K

#41     Sep 19, 2005
  2. ybfjax

ybfjax

The markets, like the ocean (and the entire universe), are in constant motion. To retail traders, they close on the weekends (hence a gap sometimes), but the fundamentals that drive the market keep the market in constant motion. The ocean always has retracements. It will reach a certain point and then eventually retrace 50% or more towards its previous point.

If you try to fight the ocean, you will get tired and eventually drown. But if you learn to ride the ocean, it becomes a tool that can take you where you want to go.

My kitten (I have had 2) constantly reminds me how the importance of living in the present moment. I remember when it just kept annoying me one day and I placed it on a very high ledge with enough room for it to lay down. At first, it just slept. After about 90 minutes, it again attempted to scope out the height. It kept testing the ledge, crying out wanting me to take it down. Finally it just jumped down. I think it landed on its side or back, but recovered greatly. So when you want something bad enough, sometimes you have to take the risk and just do it. You cannot sit on the sidelines forever, no matter how difficult the choice may seem.

Animals remind us of the integrity we once had as children. They always live in the present moment 100% of the time. They are not concerned about the past, don't care about the future. They just want to play and have fun, and have their basic needs met.

The adult humans are a different story. We were taught by many elements of society what was and wasn't possible, and of course in our minds we are right about those images of perfection. With all that knowledge we accumulated as children all the way up until now, we developed a need to be accepted by others, mainly to justify and make what we already know more credible. Simply put, the structure of our knowledge makes us feel safe, and we traded out our awareness for the belief in the concepts the other adults told us would make us successful from their point of view.

We have all this knowledge of how the markets SHOULD work (evidenced) instead of just letting the markets be what they are. We attempt to predict and even control the market behavior, when the market has nothing to justify to you or anyone for that matter.

Nature doesn't need our support. The explanation as to how nature should work from [your name here's] point of view (the hi-story) needs all the defense in the world. Nature is pure common sense and maintains 100% integrity all the time.

Luckily if we recover our awareness, we recover the ability to choose to return to our integrity. It's a choice to make profits. It's a choice to pick which trades we want or don't want to be in. What broker to be with, what software to use, etc. Without this awareness, there is no choice. The only thing we can do is continue to follow someone else's opinions or trading methodology [who are usually in the same position that we are] and hope to get lucky. The luck part rarely happens, and we just continue to be victims to the market.

My observation has concluded some of the following basic fundamentals of the market pricing:
    - The market, when moving, can only move in 2 directions, up or down, and only one direction at a time. We do not know exactly WHEN this will occur.
    - The market, when moving, constantly retraces to/from a previous price move by 50% or more. We do not know exactly WHEN this will occur.

I no longer have or need to justify WHY this happens. But i can still develop a profitable trading system just by having the awareness of the simple fundamental market price action. Why make it more complicated than it has to be?

#42     Nov 10, 2010
  3. The market is like the weather in a nice tropical rain forest. Sometimes it is calm, but it doesn't last too long. It is usually stired up, with wind and rain. When it starts raining, its hard to know when it'll stop... it may rain for a day, it may rain for a week, but it'll stop (eventually) .

------

A remora can make a pretty good living just by staying away from the shark's mouth, but close enough to catch the food that spills from it. .

#43     Jul 7, 2014