Using nature and natural eco and bio systems to style your trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Boy Plunger, Aug 28, 2005.

1. mhashe

mhashe

Natures lesson is pretty simple.

In any ecosystem, there are a few predators. And lots of prey.

#11     Aug 29, 2005

2. I think you are saying that prey must out number predators in order for predators to survive?

This is true in almost every case but i believe the exception is worth studying. At least it has worth to me.

I've read some about the Galapagos Islands. Very interesting habitat and research taking place there.

Thanks for your thought.

#12     Aug 30, 2005
  3. ====================
    Cluesau;
    Plenty;
    including best times generally are early & late.:cool:

Seasonals patterns apply;
    to both.

Turtles hardly ever get in a hurry;
    me either.

Polar bears prefer a seal to make an up move;
    then knock the living day lights out of it:cool:

Creatures of habit for sure, for example;
    whitetail deer have trails they walk on , especially early, late.

Wisdom is the principal thing.

#13     Aug 30, 2005

4. Cryptic. I am polar bear, my plight is evident. :D

Thanks for your words.

#14     Aug 31, 2005
  5. The lions conserve their energy, lying in wait until they spot a herd of beasts.

Even then, they wait for a stray.
    Even then, they wait for a stray that is somewhat weak or old.

Only then do they spring into action.

Everything you need to know about Grahman & Dodd margin of safety, not over trading, and waiting for the right trade to come along is in there!

Oh yeah, once in a while, the herd gets really big and starts to run together - when that happens, even the lion can get run over and badly hurt .... that would be the story of the late 90s I think. Many great ones fell.

#15     Sep 1, 2005
  6. The thing with Lions is you must become the Alpha male pride leader to eat and drink first. Your life is high intensity battles for top spot and survival. Any other life is not worth living.

Being the Alpha female you will at some point in life watch your litter murdered by rival stronger male(s). Unacceptable.

The hunt is fascinating and they are spectacular creatures. Many parallels to trading in the black consistently.

Thanks for your words.

#16     Sep 1, 2005
  7. I heard the analogy of waves hitting dry beach a few times:

The water stops when there is no more water to carry on the wave. Price stops when no more warm body to carry the emotions?

Probably lousy trading when the people leave early for the long weekend? :confused:

P.S. then there is also the Tsunami.

#17     Sep 2, 2005
  8. I'm not really into holistic abstract analogies...but I know who is.

[​IMG]

This book is FULL of the stuff you're describing.

#18     Sep 2, 2005
  9. Yes. Thank you. Another member PM'ed me about Victor.

I didn't want to say but i knew of him and his operations.

Too bad he couldn't find a good enough analogy to help him when he blew up in currency in 97-98. "Asian crisis". LOL

You'd think someone obsessed with perfection and leadership could avoid mortgaging his house to get back in the game.

When i started trading i used to think it was easy. It's very hard and challenging i found out. Wouldn't have it any other way though.

Thanks for your words. :)

#19     Sep 2, 2005
  10. A pig at the trough?

#20     Sep 2, 2005