Using Lunar Cycles to create a Swing Trading Edge

Discussion in 'Trading' started by RangeTrader, Aug 25, 2012.

1. LoL... It's a correlation dipsh*t. Don't you know what that is? It means that if the market is in an uptrend into a new moon/waxing the uptrend will be a certain percentage amount stronger. If the market is in an uptrend into a Full Moon/Waning it will be a certain percentage weaker.

Go learn math douchebag. There is no price correlation between the moon cycles and the market. It's a return based correlation.

I'm mostly just screwing with everyone's heads on here anyway.

What the science actually says is that we would have recently dipped to the 1390 area instead of the 1398 price before the next rally cycle because of the lunar cycle based upon the correlation strength.

#11     Aug 25, 2012
  2. From my private blog:

"August 17, 2012

Looking like 2007 over again. The market behavior has been quite good lately and we have a strong daily uptrend. Not too worried about the market until September/October. Things are going to get a little rough as the market pushes toward new bull market highs into next week."

"August 21, 2012

Just a little profit taking at new multi-year highs. This profit taking may take a while to burn off. Overall momentum is so strong that a few down days is nothing to worry about. The numbers say it shall retrace back up next week if not sooner."

Do note I said "Few down days" on Aug 21'st... The yearly highs short was so predictable I'm not sure if anyone missed it.

Predicting the market is very easy. Most all people know where it's going as statistical behavioral modeling nowadays is so much more advanced than in the past. The only things we can't predict are events like Greece bankruptcies and the German court decision.

I bet most good quant funds have lunar correlations built into their models. Just something to note. ;) Human behavioral cycles are hilarious.

#12     Aug 25, 2012
  3. I perfectly know what that is, I just laugh at how easy you make it sound in hindsight and how wrong you get it wrong live.

You get too excited from your studies yet the application turns out like crap, ever since you joined us you been doing this, you post some technical method and show us the past to emphasize how great and easy it is and when it's time to forward test it, it makes you look like a fool, so I saw another one of your threads and well, just had to point it out, once again.

You do this with every new thing technique you study or discover.

You are an expert of the past, congrats that makes you a good price historian, but that's about it.

#13     Aug 25, 2012
  4. Range Trader, I'll be glad when you finally start trading real money and stop bothering us all with this crap.

You remind me of the guy who had 10 rules for raising successful children

until he had 10 children and no rules

#14     Aug 25, 2012
  5. Forget moons, sunspots are where it's at, y0.

Might as well check the elliptical orbit of the planet Pluto for its minima and maxima..... they may correlate with something

#15     Aug 25, 2012
  6. I just realized something... Good thing there are not more female traders or we would really see a HUGE moon cycle correlation... Rotflmao...

I love entertaining myself on the weekends by screwing with the little dipshits on ET. :D

#16     Aug 25, 2012
  7. Considering that most of your threads feature you practically posting to yourself........

#17     Aug 25, 2012
  8. For your weekend entertainment you "fuck with the little.dipshits" on an internet forum.

Jesus.

Lol.

#18     Aug 25, 2012
  9. Price historian...meaning he/she/it can read?

Kudos.

#19     Aug 25, 2012
  10. Digs

Digs

Would you believe the moon cycle is a 21 day period cycle, golly gosh. One new moon a month! go figure !

#20     Aug 25, 2012