Using IB with TradeStation

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by bob314, Mar 13, 2018.

1. bob314

bob314

Can someone tell me if IB can be used for automated intraday strategies written in TradeStation, and if so how?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

TS is a self clearing broker dealer. They are not going to allow their software to be used as third party.

3. bob314

bob314

i've been told that it can be done.

4. Use Multicharts PL version

5. bob314

bob314

what does this mean? i'm new to using this forum. how do i find multicharts and how do i find first unread?

6. Millionaire

Millionaire

There is a joint offering in the UK but it is not available to US citizens

https://www.tradestation-international.com/global/

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. Google

8. kevinkdog

kevinkdog

Basically, you need a software bridge to connect Tradestation to Interactive Brokers. There are a few commercial packages to help you do that.

I currently route some of my strategies to a non-Tradestation broker (not IB, although the setup is generally the same). I use NinjaTrader for this. I have Tradestation running, and then signals are sent from Tradestation to Ninja, which then sends the orders to the brokerage.

Even though there is an extra piece of software, this setup works really well for me.

9. blink18

blink18

What is the relationship between IB and Tradestation? Does Tradestation use IB's infrastructure?

10. I am not sure what the relationship is but you can link your I.B account to tradestation in certain territories but the problem is your commissions will increase because you will be paying Tradestation commissions so better to use software like Multi-Charts to bridge the gap between I.B and Tradestation.

#10     Feb 16, 2022