Using Fib Lines to place orders

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by skiing60, Dec 14, 2021.

1. skiing60

skiing60

Hi
    During my order placement, does anyone know how I can use a Fibinocci tool with NT8? (I'd like to automate my orders so that they are placed when Price hits a Fib line.) Or do I need a separate software package. I've noticed that a Shark Indicators doesn't have one.
    Thanks Paul M

2. MACD

MACD

Do you have the ATM version of NT8?

skiing60 likes this.
  3. I saw this video on Fib trading - weird but apparently there is not one single room that trades Fib lines or strategy for real, including Fib Trading Institute or Fib Queen!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    skiing60 likes this.
  4. skiing60

skiing60

Thanks for the interesting video. Funny how many people seem to quote Fib lines, I thought that I'd find some that use them inside indicators, or integrate them into ATM strategies. I'll keep looking though. If you think of something else I'd appreciate it. My email skiing60@gmail.com Thanks Paul M

5. skiing60

skiing60

NT8 has ATM within, I'm just not sure how to use it with Fib lines. Very little instruction. Do you incorporate it????

6. BKR88

BKR88

skiing60 and MACD like this.
  7. MACD

MACD

Yes and several ways to do it. Use conditional orders or just place an order to enter to buy or sell at that price that matches your fibs. Use brackets for your stop and targets.

skiing60 likes this.
  8. MACD

MACD

BTW: If you contact NT and request a remote session -- I have had good help with their tech getting on my computer with remote access and they will set it up for you.

Also if you need any other info you certainly my PM me and I will answer or we can share screens using SKYPE.
    Fibonacci works extremely well whether you are swing trading or scalping.

skiing60 likes this.
  9. JSOP

JSOP

Fib lines work only about 70% of the time just so you know. So don't be surprised if it doesn't work. There might be natural phenomenons that conform to Fibonacci numbers but the numbers don't apply 100% to financial trading as it is still largely impacted by fundamental factors and news.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    skiing60 likes this.
  10. tuxedo69

tuxedo69

If you plan your trading days around major news releases which will affect your trading currency pair,
    and whilst having a good ear to a non-lagging news feed like Newsquawk

Fibs works ok for me.

Plan your trade -Trade your plan.

#10     Dec 14, 2021
    skiing60 likes this.