Using ES Time and Sales

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by traderkay, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The sale ES 1038.25 at 12:59:41, Arizona time (Mountain timezone with no daylight saving) will make it 15:59:41 est. If it's in demo, it's 15 minutes lagged which means the trade took place at 15:44:41. It's a no go!!!

Maybe I'm mistaken, please explain.

TM Trader

#41     Oct 8, 2003
  2. Grob I'm going to have to severly rebuke you. I had I hopes for this execution report. I spend a bit of time trying to figure out when the heck these trades took place. Now you tell me it was all a demo.

As you surely know the demo allows you to hit bids and offers quite unlike real ES trading. Additionally, on some of your fills it was clear the demo allowed you to get a fill at a bid or offer EVEN WHEN NO PRINT OCCURRED. On your last fill, the demo allowed you to get a fill FAR away from where the real market was trading.

If you were really ES trading, you could not make the profits you showed in this demo. I will be interested in your trading when it is REAL trades with REAL money.

#42     Oct 8, 2003
  3. But that makes it worse. Trying to throw in some 10 or 15 min offset doesn't help. The best fit is to match the execution times with the actual times off the chart at the end of session for the trading day of Oct 7. However even that has a number of mismatches.

#43     Oct 8, 2003
  4. Allow me to be even nastier. Grob made some clear references to his mentoring, what pros can make per hour, that simple beginner trading can profit ONLY $400 an hour etc... When someone comes on ET and talks like that and posts an execution report, I DO NOT expect it to be a freakin demo!

It would be so simple for a REAL pro who is REALLY trading all day, to do a print screen of an execution report and post it, not some demo from an alleged mentoring session. Of course grob didn't do that because grob is not a professional trader. In fact, I don't think he has a real account at IB at all and I doubt he trades.

#44     Oct 8, 2003
  5. Please disregard/ignore Grob. I believe he is Jack Hershey who's been previously banned by ET. And I wish he gets banned again (thankfully his psychotic-maniacal style of writing is very easy to spot). Thanks for polluting my thread, a-hole!!!!!!!

#45     Oct 8, 2003
  6. Hilarious :D

Too bad it's taking us off a very interesting topic.

TM Trader

#46     Oct 8, 2003
  7. An almost identical series of posts were placed on the thread "Day trading strategys!" except grob has those dopes running in circles. They haven't quite figured it out yet.

#47     Oct 8, 2003
  8. Trading is pretty easy when you know when all the turns are coming up. Wonder if the 'mentoree' knew he was looking at a demo which loops old data? Probably impressed the heck out of him. 11 trades, 600 bucks and one miss.

#48     Oct 9, 2003
  9. I usually have a trade on. So I click in most of the next opposite potential trade. Always at market. I know I will either complete trade or reverse. So I highlight the # of contracts column.

Now I sit. I keep on the right side of the market as my universal rule. I continue to verify this. The "extent" of "rightness is measurable instantaneously and continually. So I do the light house keeper thing. I just keep checking that I am on the right side.

Sooner or later and profits accumulate (A consequence of being on the right side) the situation flips. Only two sides it turns out. At that point I will have a double # of contracts popped in I empty the value right off so I do not place a number in next to the default value. I placed the value as I watched. it is a thing that I strive to reversals and I have to see reason not too. I have a list, of course. On the flip there is a nice overreaction so I do not a split second timing anything. i let the reaction give me ticks and I hit transmit and look at the tap that is running.

I cement that value in as my value to beat on the reverse.

I right click in the potential next trade and repeat the above.

One caveat. If the liquidity slows down (depth is liquidity to me), I consider backing off on cars. I do not like partials at market.

You see the rythm in this; I know you do. The float from transmit to seeing the entry on the print, is the relaxer for me. I know I made money and when it hits I focus on the value i now have to beat. I don't tab the profit until after the log is up to date AFTER I put in the next potential order. I log during the very beginning of the period after the flip. this is as faraway in time as it can be vis a vis my next observations of when the next flip MIGHT come up. I tab profits after logging. Last of all I do the cummulative net and keep my eyes peeled on the right side of the market continuing.

Here is how to keep on the right side of the market. It is a simple A/D test. A/D hasn't hit the software yet so you do it manually as a mental exercise. Because I keep my NLP pictures really clean, I do it like breathing. Look at Bbid and Bask depth (T&S). I know it is ranging and everything else. Just keep looking. Find the smallest value. It has to be the same color as your filled order color. when the color is the opposite you have the flip. It

#49     Oct 9, 2003
  10. It does not go back and forth. The prices do go up and down but the small number stays on the same side after the flip. You hit transmit and forget the colors.

A/D does not shift erratically in trading. there was a post recently about the majority. They debated stuff. It turns out in ET people have what is controlling the market backwards. Moderators included.

You have to know and understand that the minority control what is happening. That is what i monitor on T&S. WHO IS IN CHARGE. the small number is who is in charge. Like you say 1000's go through in everymarket. It is the smaller side that controls the pace.

So I reduce it to color pairing of the smaller number and the trade color.

I do not care what happens after the flip. A/D has changed and A/D does not oscillate.

If you are an engineer (I am among other things), you will always know whether the market is operating on odd or even harmonics. Knowing this you can see how the flow of price will be working for the flipping. either in steps (even) or in tooths (odd). Odd is smoother because of slope; even is digital. you do not care much except for the overreaction to pickup ticks by not being too quick to transmit.

There are no concepts like drawdown and targets, etc. That is done with incomplete systems where risk is driving stuff. This is driven by being on the right side of the market continually. You take profits as A/D flips. A is up and D is down it turns out.

The market sets up everything. You read the bottom line as a depth gauge. Market pace falls out for you by the flip rate. It does not go into defibrulation ever. No trauma at all.

By not having to ever look at price, you are just a mechanic. It is hard to compare this to anything at ET. It is the opposite of fear driven edge trading or scalping.

I do not want to get into the multiples of H/L or the long term average if one point a day stuff. The point velocity is about 1 for every 3 to 6 minutes. 10 points in 45 minutes is a nice expectation for this. Running 10 cars is a very moderate level.

You need to have the NLP pictures to run with this. The idea that the majority rules myth is dominant in ET is a belief that screws up almost all types of trading. It may be subtle in how it does it but it is there all the time. You have to absolutely hold the correct belief that the minority controls. You need to know absolutely why it is this way.

You will really enjoy this stuff; it is a terrific way to pass time. for sure you find out how much money is pouring from one place to another. Run 10 cars for the am (start on bar 4, stop on bar 25) ; quit until 13:00pm (bar 43)and go till bar 76 (15:45).

#50     Oct 9, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.