Using both tradestation and X-Trader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by shark, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

DO NOT trade with TradeStation without another broker up and running, you will eventually will get caught with your pants down in the middle of the trading day with no access to your account.

The charts are mighty pretty, but their data feed is from LEAPFROG!

#11     Aug 19, 2008
  2. Thanks Bernard. I believe I will stay with IB and Ensign. The DTN backfill solves the main IB data problem using volume charts.

#12     Aug 19, 2008
  3. On the 1 min es charts I think I was able to see about 3 months X-study through Velocity

#13     Aug 19, 2008
  4. X-Study has both tick and volume charts. You can right click on any chart you set up and select "change interval" and then select tick and as for volume, many different calculations of volume (cumulative bid/ask, etc.) are available if you right click and select indicators. I think X-Study is included with the standard TT license but it needs to be downloaded/installed separately. It runs kind of like a pluggin.

One legitimate concern is that TT charges for each exchange feed so if you want charts for products traded on different exchanges (ie Eurex and CME), you will probably need to pay for each additional exchange. Not sure if eSignal or CQG fees work the same way but I'd look at those feeds as alternatives.

#14     Aug 19, 2008
  5. Thanks for clarification. I asked a broker about this and they replied that TT does not offer this charting and they have no plans to implement it.

Anyway, good to know. What about charting and data handling in general? Any experience?

#15     Aug 20, 2008
  6. The brokers that do not care to dedicate a decent infrastructure for FMDS management (needed for historical charts) give exactly this kind of reply...

#16     Aug 20, 2008