User Names On Elitetrader (a fun thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rtharp, Feb 28, 2002.

1. My pseudonym from my hacker days.

#41     Feb 28, 2002
  2. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

In college someone said I look like MCA from the Beastie Boys!
    I'm too lazy to change it.

#42     Feb 28, 2002
  3. DblArrow

DblArrow

Double Arrow Design - Archery Ammunition Manufacturing and Supply Center.

Small arrow making business.

#43     Feb 28, 2002
  4. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I did my undergrad at Auburn University. The cheer Auburn fans yell at an athletic event is "War Eagle!" (don't ask, its a long story...:)) I was on my way to a game the day I joined the site, so I guess its the first thing that came to mind.

Kirk

#44     Feb 28, 2002
  5. Just when I think I can change my nick, something happens. I am not a very demanding customer, but I just can't find a home. IB is great and I am very happy with them but with the recent cash account fiasco my IRA is crippled. I have the rest of my money split with two other brokers, PreferredTrade (who are ok) and Ameritrade, (who I got stuck with them when they bought NDB)

I have procrastinated moving that account, and I really need to. Ameritrade stinks.

Thus the nick stays..... for now

#45     Feb 28, 2002
  6. bouncer

bouncer

Bouncer is a telephone caller I.D. device which "bounces" unwanted calls. I just happened to glance at the one on my desk one day when I was registering for some silly web site and needed a user name. Worked out fine for a trading handle 'cause I always like to trade for a bounce off support.

#46     Feb 28, 2002
  7. dark horse capital is the pending name of my LLC. came up with it because i was originally thinking of chess related ideas, drew a sketch of a knight/horse's head, and voila. I like the connotation (a dark horse is an unexpected or underestimated contender: the expression comes from the old days of horseracing when owners would splatter their champion fillys with mud to "darken" their color and enter them in races under an alias name, in hopes that the horse would be mistaken for a no-name and thus offer more longshot odds when he won) and it also happens that my wife, who loves horses, is really into friesians (a gigantic horse from the netherlands that comes in only one color, jet black).

#47     Feb 28, 2002
  8. janko

janko

Well i'm from Slovakia and that's my name there, well actually its Jan, but Jan is a girls name in the states, so i didnt want to go that route. so janko it is.>>>

#48     Feb 28, 2002
  9. WhenI first started trading I was buying everything; I wasn't happy if I didn't own stock.

#49     Feb 28, 2002
  10. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

everyone at the hedgefund quickly called me Neo because my story as a trader is similar to keanu in the matrix movie, including the IT background and my progression in the company.
    tnt because it is the root name of the systems I build. (and neo is usually always already taken :) ). even that is a code : it's trinity.
    you know it all now..

tntneo

#50     Feb 28, 2002