User Names On Elitetrader (a fun thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rtharp, Feb 28, 2002.

1. iiphos

iiphos

i downloaded a random letter generator from the web and picked a combination that i liked.

#31     Feb 28, 2002
  2. My name is Alan, sometimes shortened to Al. When I met my wife to be she was living with a gay roommate called Alan, also sometimes shortened to Al. In order to differentiate between us, and to make sure there was no confusion to others on the sleeping arrangements in her apartment, I was given the prefix Mac (I am Scottish, living in the US). Therefor MacAl was born. 4/25 is my birthday which I used when macal wasn't available as an email name.

#32     Feb 28, 2002
  3. Jeffo

Jeffo

My name is Jeff and my last name initial is O.

#33     Feb 28, 2002
  4. kleinphi

kleinphi Guest

Phi is the first letter of my first name in its original (Greek) version, and at a math lecture in Vienna the professor kept saying "klein phi", which is German for "small phi" or "little phi", a friend of mine found that cute and startet calling me that, then when "phi" was unavailable at yahoo, so I started using this.

#34     Feb 28, 2002

5. My name is Zach. When I was in high school, my friends used to call me Zboy, and I've since used that as a handle for my business, online names, etc. 2854-A is the address and room in the hospital where my grandmother passed away.

#35     Feb 28, 2002
  6. Better than Let Your Losses Run, something I used to do far too often!

#36     Feb 28, 2002
  7. Sapient

Sapient

My CPA asked me what name I wanted to incorporate with. After thinking for a second I said Sapient Trading. Sapient means wisdom or having great wisdom. If it were only true.

#37     Feb 28, 2002
  8. my obsession and e-mail address.

#38     Feb 28, 2002
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

I've been a motorcycle enthusiast for most of my life, owning a number of bikes over the years. My alltime favorite designs have been the "V" engine (torque at low rpm's), 4-cylinder (much smoother ride over long distances than the 2-cylinder), water-cooled (no overheating on desert trips), disc-brakes front/rear, shaft-drive (no chains to break or have to service), cruiser-style (I like to sit up an look around as I ride, never liked the hunched-over cafe-racer style), at least 1000cc (to comfortably carry a passenger up steep inclines).

In the mid-80's, for only about 4 yrs, Honda took the V-65 (1100cc) 4-cylinder engine off the Interceptor (cafe-racer), wedded it to a true cruiser style design, and thus the Magna was born. This satisfied everything I wanted in a motorcycle, although a bigger gas tank wouldn't hurt. :)

#39     Feb 28, 2002
  10. Threei

Threei

I don't know :)

#40     Feb 28, 2002