User Names On Elitetrader (a fun thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rtharp, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Hey

Thought this could be a fun thread to do. A lot of posters use strange handles for their user names. I'd like to hear how they came to choose that user name handle.

Like Don Bright...

It "Don" ed on his parents that he was going to be very Bright....jk Don

Mine

Well my name is Robert Tharp. When I was getting my first email account I tried to sign up with my name, no go....already taken. I tried all kinds of different things until putting just my first initial in front of my last name allowed me to work.

I got very used to seeing Rtharp on all these emails that I just kept using it for message boards.

Rtharp

2. I own a domain called Viking Analytics. Vikana are just the first three letters from each. The domain is not even in use, but I thought I'd use it anyway.

I had a really bad experience using my real name in postings on another board. I literally got 10 phone calls a day from brokers, software vendors, scammers etc. It got really irritating. So I decided to not have my real name visible for to the newsgroup and web site search engines.

I always share my real name with anyone I communicate privately with (which is quite a few).

Allan

3. neo_hr

neo_hr

Well, finally my chance to contribute here he he

As you may know from my discussions with tntneo, I ADORE MATRIX! Its an awesome movie (err... at least by my standards) so I wanted to be morpheus or neo... course the names were all taken so I ended opening my first e mail acct at yahoo and it was neo_hr@yahoo.com.

I still use it from time to time though..... _hr is an extension for Croatia in Croatian.

Cheers all
    Alex

4. The "Dawn is Bright" - except I screwed things up and turned out to be a boy.

5. who doesn't like an uptick? and uptik2000 just sounded better than uptik2001...i was thinking about updating it...but i doubt I will

6. 3dog

3dog

Guess how many dogs we own? :D

plus it's quick and easy to type. :)

3dog

7. Rigel

Rigel

I have an interest in astronomy and old science fiction movies.

8. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Do you know how hard it is to find anything with my first name (Cash) that isn't already taken? And believe me 99.9% of the time, it's not by someone that actually has that name as their real, given at birth first name!

So somehow, I slipped into cashonly as my internet standard.

9. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Me when I'm short!

#10     Feb 28, 2002