User-generated stock scans

Discussion in 'Events' started by Baron, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Have you seen the technical strategy report from Harry Aloof. He does a daily technical analysis of several stocks. If you track the in and out points he has done pretty well. I have found that if you keep a listing of these technicals you have a great arsenal for stock choices. Its all technical and if you stop by my url you can see hsi picks daily.

They normally trade several days later cross the target point then they make their moves. I use them as a guideline for stocks to buy and when. Strictly technical check it out.

Let me know what you think.

#11     Apr 30, 2002
  2. Baron,

Pretty good idea but we need to be able to review the actual scan to see what it's looking for. Also, it would be nice to get some backtesting data on that scan. It would also be useful if the scan lists were preserved to facilitate looking back and seeing how they did.

#12     May 1, 2002
  3. Baron, remember when I tried placing actual orders based on previous day "scans" and "picks"....to no avail. In my opinion, it might be detrimental to the site if people started actually thinking they could rely on this information for making profits.

It might be fun to see you act as an Independent poster of these picks and stuff....again, just for fun.

My two cents...

Don

#13     May 2, 2002
  4. BARON,

as i wrote in my private message, i would like to know more about the caps of this scanner.
    sure, i scan(or try to scan) every day.
    i have do decide every day. which stock offers great poss. tomorrow,
    a low volatility?
    a momentum pullback?
    from High?
    from low?
    where was the last high?
    is it worth to be watched?
    i dont expect, you are creating ascanner, beating radarscreen.
    but if there where some entries available as 'last high, last 10 days high, .......) i really would scan every nite with that scanner and compare results with my ts6 environment.

so what?
    lippi

#14     May 9, 2002
  5. I was under the impression that Baron was just trying to get people to either post their scan logic or the results of their scans for people to see. Not build a scanner.

#15     May 9, 2002
  6. ____________________________________________________
    Baron, remember when I tried placing actual orders based on previous day "scans" and "picks"....to no avail. In my opinion, it might be detrimental to the site if people started actually thinking they could rely on this information for making profits.

It might be fun to see you act as an Independent poster of these picks and stuff....again, just for fun.

My two cents...

don,

as an absolutely non-pro, i cannot understand your post. i scan(or use predefined scans) every day.
    and these scan-results are working.

as i do not close a trade within minutes, but do within days, i can assure to everyone, that scanning good stocks is more than neccessary to do a good job.

i do.
    with scanning stocks daily.
    and with holding my positions over night, expecting a profit within the next days.

and noone will take me away from this selfproofen strategy.

i trade for passion, that makes me work more than i need.
    but i dont need more than 1 hour / day to realize, which stock could run tomorrow/day after tomorrow.

without stockscanners i would need days to recognize these stocks.

lippi

#16     May 9, 2002
  7. Kool idea for a thread.

#17     Jul 20, 2002