Useless Microsoft at it once again!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by themickey, May 6, 2023.

1. themickey

themickey

So a few years ago I discontinued using MS Windows and never looked back.

Lately Bing and ChatGpt have been all the rage so because I had some Excel formula function queries I couldn't work out, decided to try Bing and ChatGPT which I loaded on a Tablet.

Well I spent maybe a full dozen hours asking countless chatgpt formula questions which it continued to get wrong. Never mind, I finally worked it out myself.

But the real issue with MS Bing was something more subtle.

My tablet began unperforming, locking up/freezing and my charger couldn't maintain the charge. I thought my tablet was getting old and wearing out, I even bought a new more powerful charger.
    Even with Tablet in sleep mode, charging was extremely slow.
    This went on for a couple of weeks.

Today while killing time at home, I forced Bing App to 'Force Stop' as well as cleared the cache.

There was an immediate change in battery charging, suddenly the Tablet began charging again.
    Good old Microsoft, they give you an App which hogs huge amounts of power even when it's shut down. MS, always has been a shit of a company!
    Would not be surprised if its not loaded with spyware.
    Just saved myself several hundred dollars as I was preparing to buy a new Tablet.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
    Nobert likes this.
  2. spy

spy

3. M.W.

M.W.

4. @M.W. so obsessed with dick pics? :)

spy likes this.
  5. No, it's not a question anymore since at least Win8...
    Man, forget that crap and switch to Linux!

spy likes this.
  6. M.W.

M.W.

Spying on what? On your Super secret code or browsing habits?

7. Spying on every aspect of your online life!.. You are the product...

8. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

I live a short distance from the Main MicroSUCK campus in Redmond,WA. Next time I drive by the campus - I could flip them off - tell them this is from "themickey" - if that would make you feel better - LOL. But - I would have to flip them off for ME first - if that is okay with you.

Several years ago - I attended a Meetup at the campus - for Day Traders. It was surprising how many programmers there - do Day Trading. We would also do Meetups at a local Starbucks.

By the way - I live between the MicroSUCK campus in Redmond - and Google campus in the Kirkland area. Anybody have a problem with Google - be happy to flip them off also.

Damn - I almost had an Orgasm - just thinking about it - and at my age now - they are hard to come by.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
    themickey likes this.
  9. M.W.

M.W.

Who fucking cares? I get free or high quality products in exchange. For certain services that is a price worth paying, such as Gmail, browsers, windows OS. I have nothing to hide. But it's hipocricy to turn down Microsoft and then in turn switch on the tv and getting bombarded by ads.

10. What motivates you to defend such a shit company? Are you maybe an MS employee?
    And your logic is lacking: if one gives up the MS Windows crap, then one usually switches to another OS like Apple MacOS or Linux or even Android; it has nothing to do with the TV, albeit it's shit too, yes :)
    I'm not watching any TV, not even finance news on TV :), except watching movies/series/documentaries w/o any ads on a streaming service, where I can chose myself what to watch.

And: I don't believe that you don't have anything to hide... :)

Last edited: May 7, 2023
    #10     May 7, 2023