Useful or not, that is the question!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by MAESTRO, Jul 21, 2005.

1. MTE

MTE

But then again, why would I utilize your sentiment analysis on a PDA, which is obviously a propriety tool, if I don't use it otherwise (i.e. when I'm at my desk), you know what I mean?

#31     Jul 25, 2005
  2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

True. Although the tool is completely independent you could load similar app. on your desktop for free. Would it make sense? I'm not sure my self. :)

#32     Jul 25, 2005
  3. Hi Maestro... good luck with your software project... just want to suggest my favorite book for software project development and management...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1572316217/103-8121055-4871832?v=glance

best book on project creation and management i have ever read its our working 'bible'... and its less than $20...

good luck with your project... :)

cj...

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#33     Jul 25, 2005
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Thank you.

#34     Jul 25, 2005
  5. qazmax

qazmax

I found your thread a little late...

I like the app. appearance. What do the following do? "Trading Zone Gauge, Trader's Committment Gauge, Sentiment Spectrum."

I think there is a good demand for a wireless trading app that can alert people of of market moves when they are away from their desk and allow the trader to follow up with an execution.

Times of need may include...
    In the bathroom...
    On the road...
    In a meeting...
    Playing golf...
    On vacation... (not me on this one!)
    Sleeping...
    Sitting around the house...
    Drinking at the bar...
    Hiking...

Do you have a favorite service of the ones currently out there? you mentioned eSignal and Quotrek... Ia m looking for a device like this currently.

Ideally it would have....
    level 2
    time and sales
    options
    acct info
    news alerts
    pricing alerts
    volume alerts
    volatility alerts
    halt alerts
    and trade execution wouldn't hurt

I tried to work with programmers to design something like this a few years back and the programmers insisted that it was too much data to send through wirelessly efficiently. Have you encountered any problems like this?

Good luck with it...

:)

#35     Nov 1, 2005
  6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Unfortunately, the project has been cancelled as it did not pass the economics test from our in-house marketing team. We have built two of them though.
    Cheers.

#36     Nov 1, 2005
  7. How's your genitor doing?

#37     Nov 1, 2005